So, I have been away for some time, so thought I would

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: So, I have been away for some time, so thought I would

Post by Darryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I used to wear suits all the time a while back ....

I would simply go buy a skirted suit but I cant find separates and one size wouldn't work if the jacket fits the skirt is too big and if the skirt fits the jacket is too small.
I have a number of Lane Bryant black skirts in various lengths, 1 white, 1 blue, 1 denim and 1 khaki. I bought 2 Lane Bryant jackets, 1 grey and 1 black, that work rather nicely I think. And...everything is machine washable. Just exercise some care in lightly drying and then hanging up to finish air-drying.

PS: Mine come down so that the bottom hem of the jacket is even with the sleeves, in my case. Since they aren't lined, it should be simple to raise that bottom hem a bit. I've also seen some where the bottom hem is a couple or three inches higher so the jacket connects with a high-waist skirt. Worth a look. There is still the variances between male/female bodies but they get closer, so minimal mods for any desired perfection.....
squeak24

Post by squeak24 »

I've got a friend who has offered to take me shopping, so hopefully in the next few weeks I will see what she suggests. I do have more in the way of skirts than trousers, but I feel just not appropriate.

I have to admit my biggest fear isn't really about wearing skirts in public, I have done that in the past, mainly in gay clubs (although I am heterosexual), but at work it is slightly different. But I digress, my biggest fear is if I get an erection. I don't get sexually aroused wearing skirts, and it is very rare to get one whilst in public, but it is definitely in the back of my mind. Obviously with a pair of trousers it is easier to hide, but a little unsure what to do in that situation when wearing a skirt.

It is getting frustrating knowing what I want to do and seeing women wearing the types of clothing I want to wear, even dresses (I don't really have the body for a dress at the moment), knowing I have my management willing to support me, I guess it's on me to just do it.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

squeak24 wrote:...my biggest fear is if I get an erection. I don't get sexually aroused wearing skirts, and it is very rare to get one whilst in public, but it is definitely in the back of my mind. Obviously with a pair of trousers it is easier to hide, but a little unsure what to do in that situation when wearing a skirt...
You can guard against showing erections by avoiding anything shorter than knee-length, by wearing something relatively loose and roomy, and by wearing control-top hose or some other kind of tight-fitting underwear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Caultron wrote:
squeak24 wrote:...my biggest fear is if I get an erection. I don't get sexually aroused wearing skirts, and it is very rare to get one whilst in public, but it is definitely in the back of my mind. Obviously with a pair of trousers it is easier to hide, but a little unsure what to do in that situation when wearing a skirt...
You can guard against showing erections by avoiding anything shorter than knee-length, by wearing something relatively loose and roomy, and by wearing control-top hose or some other kind of tight-fitting underwear.
Or you can simply think of Maggie Thatcher / Hilary Clinton / Donald Trump (delete as appropriate) to simply kill the moment. Any one of them would work for me...

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Caultron wrote:
I can understand the control tops and tight underwear . But I can't understand how by your skirt being down to your knees is going to hide anything a bulge will show just as quickly in a knee length pencil skirt
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gentlemen, let's not think too hard on this subject lest it get visual or attract more bad puns.

There are already a few too many threads that have gone stiff because of "official action". Let's not add another one.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:There are already a few too many threads that have gone stiff because of "official action". Let's not add another one.
Caution: Double irony alert...

OK I'll go and sit in the corner until I'm told I can come out :(

Have fun, (Aaarrrgggghhhh... Now I've gone and done it. Oh and again... )

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

The brain is the body's largest sexual organ and what goes on is dependent on what thoughts are currently underway.
Ian Milfmog's naming game is perhaps the best solution and a few others spring to mind....Kim jon Un, Robert Mugabe and perhaps one V. Putin would banish any amorous thoughts from my brain at least, pretty quick.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:The brain is the body's largest sexual organ and what goes on is dependent on what thoughts are currently underway.
Agreed absolutely on the first assertion, but much less so on the latter. What's going on in the foreground largely calls the shots, but there is always plenty of other stuff going on that's not immediately apparent. "Hardware functions" (e.g. life-support bits like breathing and the decision on when one is hungry) aside, there's also the sometimes-grey issue of the subconscious, and what goes on in there can be anything from distracting to entirely useful depending on how one's mind works and how well one knows how to use it.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:I can understand the control tops and tight underwear. But I can't understand how by your skirt being down to your knees is going to hide anything a bulge will show just as quickly in a knee length pencil skirt
Yeah, well, erections in skin-tight pencil skirts are going to show no matter what. But a longer skirt will hold itself down more and at least keep you from poking out.

A fuller skirt, of course, will likely hide your bulge in it's folds.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
squeak24

Post by squeak24 »

I do prefer fuller skirts. It's not that it happens a lot, but it is just at the back of my mind.

I'm sure it will be OK once I finally do it!
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Caultron wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:I can understand the control tops and tight underwear. But I can't understand how by your skirt being down to your knees is going to hide anything a bulge will show just as quickly in a knee length pencil skirt
Yeah, well, erections in skin-tight pencil skirts are going to show no matter what. But a longer skirt will hold itself down more and at least keep you from poking out.

A fuller skirt, of course, will likely hide your bulge in it's folds.
Denim Pencil skirts never have this problem, though the more formal ones do with out the correct underwear :wink: This is a hard subject to tackle... no pun intended :roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

kilty wrote:
This is a hard subject to tackle... no pun intended :roll:
Given all the creative usage going around on the matter it's harder more difficult to not make puns than it is to simply let the words flow knowing that there'll be a pun in there just waiting to burst out when you least expect it.
squeak24

Post by squeak24 »

OK, my intention at the moment is to go for it on Wednesday on a different site to what I work on, and Thursday in my normal site. Hopefully on Thursday it will be very quiet so I can get used to it first.

I have spoken with my immediate colleagues (bar 4) about it, they are all supportive, but when I mentioned to my boss on Friday what my plan was he suggested mentioning it to the section heads to cascade down, I’m not so sure about the cascading thing, what do you guys think? The boss said it would assist in the “shock factor” and make sure nothing is said inappropriately. I get what he’s saying but at the same time I don’t want it to be a huge thing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

squeak24 wrote:I have spoken with my immediate colleagues (bar 4) about it, they are all supportive, but when I mentioned to my boss on Friday what my plan was he suggested mentioning it to the section heads to cascade down, I’m not so sure about the cascading thing, what do you guys think? The boss said it would assist in the “shock factor” and make sure nothing is said inappropriately. I get what he’s saying but at the same time I don’t want it to be a huge thing.
Offhand, I'd just go for it and deal with anything "inappropriate" as it shows up. Don't telegraph the threat. Like the Spanish Inquisition, "Surprise is our most important weapon."

I'm reasonably sure that if you've been wearing skirts in public for any length of time you're already deft and brushing "inappropriateness" aside. "Observations" will, of course, filter up the food-chain so beware of that, and just make certain that those in any sort of "Position of Responsibility" know that it's not an issue.

Best of luck!