Hello from Vancouver island

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Blackpassage

Hello from Vancouver island

Post by Blackpassage »

Hi. I just joined on. Life is short, and I'm tired of waiting for society to come to its senses. Wearing a skirt at Halloween once a year simply isn't going to cut it any more!
I am emboldened by the fact that in the not to distant future I will be to old to enjoy what is possible now.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Vancouver island

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome Blackpassage, &c. Tell me about this 'too old' thing. I need to have your detailed thoughts on the matter, as I'm worried too that it may shortly affect me!

I live on another N. Hemisphere island a little to the East of you and the Round Earthers keep telling us we need to use different time zones. :cyclops:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Welcome blackpassage, will have to look you up next time we visit the "in laws" in Ladysmith.

For your information, last time I was there, I wore skirts all the time and no one said a word. Most seemed not to notice.
jmiller842
Distinguished Member

Post by jmiller842 »

Welcome from a fellow Canadian. I'm in Southern Ontario. Enjoy your time in the group. We want to hear your experiences.

Jeff
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Hello from UBC. Where on the island are you? Maybe I'll come anchor off your beach some weekend during the summer sailing season.

Chris
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Blackpassage wrote:...I am emboldened by the fact that in the not to distant future I will be to old to enjoy what is possible now.
If not now, when, eh?

And fortunately, one good thing about being an old man is that you get to be a crazy old man.

Welcome to the group and rock on!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

jmiller842 wrote:Welcome from a fellow Canadian. I'm in Southern Ontario. Enjoy your time in the group. We want to hear your experiences.

Jeff
Hi Jeff, I am currently visiting family in Grimsby, where are you located? PM if you want.
Blackpassage

Post by Blackpassage »

A big thank you to all who welcomed me to the forum. I'm not very technically inclined, so it is taking me a while to figure this out. Since posting this , I have gone out skirted to some very public places in broad daylight. This was a big step for me. Slow progression is where I'll be sharing my experiences with you. Thank you for all the encouragement!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Blackpassage wrote:A big thank you to all who welcomed me to the forum. I'm not very technically inclined, so it is taking me a while to figure this out. Since posting this , I have gone out skirted to some very public places in broad daylight. This was a big step for me. Slow progression is where I'll be sharing my experiences with you. Thank you for all the encouragement!
Congratulations on that first step!

It only gets easier from here.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Good for you to be out in public. Let your feeling guide you. As long as you feel good being out in a skirt, it shows and you will be accepted. The more you are out in a skirt, the more it will become natural to you.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Welcome to the Cafe. Glad to have you here.
Looking forward to 2017 and the new opportunity to get kilted or skirted in the new year. 2016 for me was my first time owning and wearing a kilt in public. So who knows wat 2017 will bring.
Bestwishes, and welcome to :welcome: :toast:
Mishawaka
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Welcome Blackpassage,

Going out to a public place in broad daylight for the first time is a big step for all of us. HUGE you might say.

I can't think of a lovelier place to do so for the first time than your fair city. I've been there a few times and it is BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you for sharing.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Blackpassage

Post by Blackpassage »

partlyscot wrote:Welcome blackpassage, will have to look you up next time we visit the "in laws" in Ladysmith.

For your information, last time I was there, I wore skirts all the time and no one said a word. Most seemed not to notice.
You know, it's funny, there was a time that I thought I was the only one out there thinking about this stuff. Yes, next time you're out, drop me a line!