Hello, from Northern Colorado.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtedtaz

Hello, from Northern Colorado.

Post by skirtedtaz »

I'm in Northern Colorado. Sometimes central sometimes eastern. I've been skirting for Many yeas now. Although never outside My own realm until recently. Mostly stayed with my own house or apartment, garage or at most the backyard. This last summer I began venturing out and about wearing a denim miniskirt early in the morning. Mostly before sunrise, I began swapping pants or shorts for a skirt and going for a drive. Then slowly began taking an early morning walk and wondering the areas walking paths. Then on a whim, I ventured out mid day one Sunday afternoon put on a short denim skirt and took a stroll down a much busier path. I received a few off the wall looks and a definite look of approval by a good looking lady in her mid to late I do keep my legs shaved. I can't stand the look or feel of hairy Legs. the weather is changing here so it may be time to move to the longer length skirts or add tights or leggings to keep things warm.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello, from Northern Colorado.

Post by denimini »

Good to hear another story of someone venturing out in public. Yes, it is usually on a whim that one takes the next step, when feeling good and confident which is the right time to do it. It is great to get that freedom from being confined to private spaces when skirted.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

It takes time to go from that quick trip early in the morning to any time any where. I started out the same way. You pick up confidence along the way.You don't have to rush. Heck last week I made it thru the DMV in a skirt. Good luck and enjoy
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Welcome, skirtedaz, and congratulations on your recent successes in public!

During the last few years I've been wearing skirts 99% of the time, in public and in private, and I can assure you that nothing terrible will happen when you go out in public. Yes, you'll get some surprised looks and a few frowns but you'll also get more smiles and even an occasional compliment. It's really not a big deal for anyone but you.

So put away your fears and trepidations, be friendly, relax, and never cower or cringe. They'll only think your some kind of creep if you act like one.

Becoming comfortable and confident in public does often take some time, but keep that as a goal and keep working on it.

I'm curious about the az at the end of your handle. Do you have a connection with Arizona?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Welcome to the fold skirtedtaz!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Welcome! I get a few looks and more compliments around the Denver Metro area wearing various non-Scottish kilts. I think most of urban Colo. would be about the same. There are pockets of rednecks, usually easily avoided. Some of the types that attacked Matthew Shepherd certainly exist on this side of the Wyo. border. Hope you enjoy your time in SC.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
skirtedtaz

Post by skirtedtaz »

That's "taz" as in the Tasmanian devil the cartoon character from Bugs Bunny. Running around leaving destruction everywhere.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Welcome to the site skirtedtaz! It is always good to hear of others venturing into the unknown - and always with the same negligable responses. The lack of noticing from Joe Public still amazes me and I always wonder if they did actually notice or even say something like "Guess what I saw today?" to their family/friends/mates etc.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels