introducing myself

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Karl

introducing myself

Post by Karl »

Hi all, i am new to this site.
looking for some advice here, i am 58 and started wearing skirts a few weeks ago.
i told my wife i wanted a skirt and i have her full support ( in fact she has told me that seeing me in 3 of my skirts turns her on )
i have 9 skirts now and they are all ladies off the peg types,
EG pvc pencil to flowy and shiny rara mini skirts, they are all sexy and feminine the sort ladies wear (not into mens or butch looking skirts) i love wearing them and feel sexy.
the advice i am looking for is how do i go out in public
my wife wants me to go for a walk with her somewhere secluded like walk around a field to start with in my denim mini
then to walk down a street ( estate street where there are houses) 1st at night when it is dark and then walk through a village while she follows me in the car then again in daylight wearing my silky flowy skirt (which would blow up if there was a breeze) she would be sat in the car watching me and tells me this would turn her on
after i have the courage to do this the next trip she wants me to do is go into a shop in daytime wearing a skirt.
then to just go for a walk together (say down the canal towpath etc,) but to enjoy doing so wearing a skirt and being seen by whoever may be around and not caring.
keep in mind all my skirts are the kind men would whistle or think wow if they seen women in them
thats a bit about me now can anyone here give me advice on,
how, where and when is best to come out the closet as it were
many thanks
karla :)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: introducing myself

Post by Caultron »

Hi, Karl, and welcome to the group.

So you bought nine skirts in just a few weeks, eh? You must've been thinking about this a long time.

As to appearing in public, the best way is however you feel most confident. People will react to your mood and demeanor much more than to your clothes. Just try to avoid anything too eccentric. Think fashion rather than fetish.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hi. Yes been thinking bout it for a long time as for fashion not fetish well would a denim mini be ok or a pencil wiggle skirt. I have nothing between these
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Hi Karl and welcome, people tend to more excepting of denim on guy as it looks like shorts at first glance. Going out in very feminine type skirt may raise a few eyebrows for your first outing, get them used to your skirt wearing then graduate from there. :D
Karl

Post by Karl »

Problem is my skirts are girly the denim is 18" even on my hips it's still 4" above the knee
Other wysiwyg would be to wear my wife's denim that come to the knee but is button thru at the front so still feminine
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

There's a contrast for you.
I'm new, too. But all my skirts (6 or 7 so far) are man-styled, as much as possible. No pleats or frills. Robust and practical and comfortable.
All have full-cut hems. "Pencil" is definitely the wrong configuration for me. I like side cuts (or "trim tabs" as I call them).
Knee length, front zip, belt loops, pockets front and back. All are solid colours except the camouflage (which is my favorite).
I have no desire to call attention to myself. My favorite footwear when in a skirt is Converse monochrome black low-tops without socks.
My usual shirt is a Ben Davis half-sleeve zip-front work shirt in various solid colors.
I am not looking for a feminine appearance in any manner. But I have absolutely no prejudice against those who do. I can appreciate fine feminine dresses and skirts and footwear as well as any male. I am heterosexual and not a cross-dresser. I consider myself to be a clothing liberationist and think that anyone should wear whatever configuration of clothing or footwear they like, without fear of misrepresenting themselves, or casting doubt on their
competence or masculinity.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Karl, all of what you suggest is great and practical as it builds up your experience and confidence gradually. But as Caultron has said, whatever you are comfortable with. Having YOH with you will lessen any attention from others and increases the acceptability factor. As for the girly side of fashion moon is probably the best one to advise on this or skirtsdad or even kilty just to name three off the top of my head. I have both feminine and more unisex skirts and I am prepared to wear both outside. Remember it's only considered feminine if you and YOH consider it feminine, otherwise it's just a skirt. I have a black dress that is shown in the Pics and Looks section with a big peach flower on it and I considered it too feminine but I have been given confidence by those on this site to one day wear it outside and I will.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks
Will let you know how it goes and praps get wife to take a pic to show on here too.
Nervous now but like you say
Once I've done it then it'll be easier
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Karl wrote:Thanks
Will let you know how it goes and praps get wife to take a pic to show on here too.
Nervous now but like you say
Once I've done it then it'll be easier
All true.

We would love to see the picture(s). I tried to take a picture myself in the hotel room using the self timer on the camera but it just did not work. So, folks, you have to wait a bit longer for pics of me.

As many have said before me . . . the first time is the hardest. After a while it just becomes natural. Go for it. Enjoy!

By the way, I'm new here too, and I think I am up to seven skirts now, including two that I bought on a recent trip. I went into a department store looking specifically for a skirt to go with a patterned top that I had purchased a few weeks ago. (From the women's side of the store. Fits me better than men's tops.) I found an amazingly helpful clerk. She knew her stock; she had great fashion sense, and she gave me several options on a skirt to go with the top (which I wore to the store). I really liked one of the skirts she picked to go with the top, and also ended up buying a black and white skirt and a top to go with it. So I spent much more money than I meant to, but had a super shopping experience, and now have two more outfits to try.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi karl

Hi and welome to the site! You will find lots of great advice her!
Your plan sounds great - to start gradually at night to build up confidence - as that is the main hurdle. :D 8)
Ideas noted above such as starting with plain "blokeish" colours like denim or black is good before starting on the more feminine options.

The best news in your case is that the missus is ON BOARD with you and loves it. 8) :D 8) :D Quite a few here have serious prob;ems with their OH (including myself) wher skirts are not even tolerated and others who accpet it but only grudgingly. :(

I look forward to hearing of your first ventures out skirted!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Karl

Post by Karl »

Will.update after my outing tomorrow other Tuesday
Thanks guys
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

Karl,
I'm sure many members here are envious that you have such a supportive wife.That is a huge boost to your confidence and self esteem in skirt wearing. I have found that most people pay little attention to fairly short denim mini skirts, though here in Australia men's shorts are often of the same length, so the visual difference is slight. I love all sorts of skirts, but especially shorter ones and pencil skirts. In cooler weather with a somewhat elastic skirt, I find the feeling of some restriction in walking very sensual. On warmer days, a flared skirt beats the heat so much better than shorts, and the feeling of airflow underneath is sensual in a different way.

Rod
Karl

Post by Karl »

Wife took pic of me wearing my silky flowy skirt n lacy top last night but can't upload cos apparently it's too big and I only lyrics have my mobile
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Karl wrote:Wife took pic of me wearing my silky flowy skirt n lacy top last night but can't upload cos apparently it's too big and I only lyrics have my mobile
Try something like http://resizeimage.net/
Karl

Post by Karl »

I walked round a miniature railway in my denim mini but disappointed of not being seen.
Going out again in the morning cos think I NEED to be seen out in public skirted :D