Greetings from Suffolk

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
SkirtedWelshman

Greetings from Suffolk

Post by SkirtedWelshman »

Hi there.
My name is Martin and I love kilts. I have been wearing them for four years on and off. I live in a little village in Suffolk with my husband. I got into kilts wanting to wear one for my wedding, although the idea of wearing some form of skirt had always been in my mind. I am a Quaker and one of the main beliefs is is equality. The wearing of a Kilt is just a sign of this for me. I feel more masculine in my kilts. It's easy to conform to the male clothing rules, boring as they are, limited palette of colours, limited choice of clothes. Reactions from people has been positive, no shouting in the street. I have always thought if someone shouted out queer, gay or something worse it just shows their insecurities. Not my problem.
My long term aim is to go full-time.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings from Suffolk

Post by moonshadow »

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the site! I look forward to reading your post here, especially with your somewhat unique background.

-Moon
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Welcome to the site from North of the border!

I hope you keep wearing kilts and graduate to skirts too - they are great!

Is your husband OK with you wearing skirts or is it just kilts?

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels