New to this site!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New to this site!

Post by dillon »

TheRod wrote:Lots of colorful skirts at Sammy Dress: http://www.sammydress.com/Wholesale-Skirts.html
Beware of SAMMY DRESS. That site usually ships from China and there are confirmed sizing issues with the products. I ordered a shirt for my daughter in XL, which is way bigger than she would wear as she is a very trim and petite girl. The shirt's size was laughable; it might have fit a seven year old girl, but not a 22 year old. Since it took over six weeks for them to deliver it, I didnt even bother to return it. The post charge was more than the item cost.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Jenn,
Just reading over that SCI-FI story I mentioned again, I realised I had actually used Cheyenne as the indians language (not Apache after all) :(

It was several years ago :( :hide: :buttkick:

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

dillon wrote:Beware of SAMMY DRESS. That site usually ships from China and there are confirmed sizing issues with the products.
looking at their sizing charts it says in their size converter that their size 2XL is a UK size 18-20 and yet in the size chart (measurements) it states that their 2XL waist size is 31.89 inches ... i'm yet to see anyone who is a size 18-20 that has a 32inch waist ... idiots
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

skirtingtoday wrote:
JennC03 wrote:
BTW, I have written a sci-fi story about the 1860's wild west where I included some words/speech of Apache (probably all incorrect) !

Hey I wouldn't mind reading it. Sometimes we can change our spouses minds other times it's a no win. Least you can find great support here for the time being. I have been looking at skirt sites most of the morning trying to line up site's for Moon to give him more choices for skirts. Most of the sites I've found though are expensive. However they had some really cool skirts on there I thought he might like. I do hope things turn around for you and will be Praying they do!
JennC03
I would like to send you the story - it is in 3 parts and, as I cannot see a way to send attachments either as a PM or a direct e-mail, so have sent you my direct e-mail via a PM to get your direct e-mail address. However, you seem to have deleted your PM reply. No problem if you don't wish to don't wish to to exchange e-mails - that's fine.

(Do note that any sent PM remains in your outbox until the recipient opens it - perhaps you were wondering why it didn't seem to be sent and deleted it. I thought that when I first sent PM's through this site)

Ross

Have you gotten my PM Ross? I sent you my email but not sure if it went through! Let me know and I can resend you my email.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Jenn,
I only received an e-mail from you that said "Message deleted by Author". Could you try again?

[Note that meassges seem to "stick" in your outbox until the recipient actually opens it up so it looks as though it hasn't been sent - only then the "Outbox(1)" message changes to show it has been picked up.]

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

skirtingtoday wrote:Jenn,
I only received an e-mail from you that said "Message deleted by Author". Could you try again?

[Note that meassges seem to "stick" in your outbox until the recipient actually opens it up so it looks as though it hasn't been sent - only then the "Outbox(1)" message changes to show it has been picked up.]

Ross

Hey Ross just sent you a PM so let's see if it works :lol: :lol:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Jenn

Got it this time :thumright: :thumright: and the first section is on its way to you! 8)

Ross
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

skirtingtoday wrote:Jenn

Got it this time :thumright: :thumright: and the first section is on its way to you! 8)

Ross

I am really loving the story! Thanks Ross for letting me read it!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Jenn,

Glad you like it - to save you waiting, I will e-mail the two other parts to complete the tale shortly

We enjoyed creating it - especially as (at the time) we would have had no idea what the other fellow was going to write next or where the story would go.

Ross
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Glad you like it - to save you waiting, I will e-mail the two other parts to complete the tale shortly

We enjoyed creating it - especially as (at the time) we would have had no idea what the other fellow was going to write next or where the story would go.

Ross

Thanks Ross I am still reading. I am loving it! Are you planning to write more?
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Ross

Thanks Ross I am still reading. I am loving it! Are you planning to write more?
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

JennC03 wrote:... Thanks Ross I am still reading. I am loving it! Are you planning to write more?
Glad you're still enjoying it.

I have written another full length novel (again co-written as the western one) but set more in a STAR WARS-type futuristic universe with
a Han Solo type character, a Princess to be rescued, strange worlds, an evil Baron and a gorgeous Replicant type android (but different from Bladerunner) And giant insects! And a Godzilla-type monster called a chrixiyxon.... OOH err. and more...

And the Han Solo type character wore skirts occasionally!............ OOOOhhhh EEErrrr...

Ross

(We had started a third but the previous SCI-FI site we were using to post the tales suddenly and with no warning, disappeared one day)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

skirtingtoday wrote:
JennC03 wrote:... Thanks Ross I am still reading. I am loving it! Are you planning to write more?
Glad you're still enjoying it.

I have written another full length novel (again co-written as the western one) but set more in a STAR WARS-type futuristic universe with
a Han Solo type character, a Princess to be rescued, strange worlds, an evil Baron and a gorgeous Replicant type android (but different from Bladerunner) And giant insects! And a Godzilla-type monster called a chrixiyxon.... OOH err. and more...

And the Han Solo type character wore skirts occasionally!............ OOOOhhhh EEErrrr...

Ross

(We had started a third but the previous SCI-FI site we were using to post the tales suddenly and with no warning, disappeared one day)

Well I'd be delighted to read them as you finish them :)
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Jenn,

I thought that the the Star Wars sci-fi tale was in fact complete but on looking at my copy of it I seem to be missing one chapter - and its the second to last one! I will have to spend some time recreating a link between chapters 19.2 and 19.4 (which is the ending!) before I can send even the early draft of the story. One of the things I will try and do when I retire (mid-April 2016 that is)

As for the other tale, that had barely got started when the previous SCI-fi site disappeared - and still has a long, long way to go. Just over 17,700 words written so far (it is about aliens, UFO's and brings in diverse elements from Roswell, WW2, Twin towers, yellowstone super-volcano, Area 51 etc)

Men wore skirts in this one as well...

Ross
Rev Paul

Post by Rev Paul »

I just came across this today. So welcome Jenn. It certainly is wonderful to have a wife be both supportive and helpful.