New to this site!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New to this site!

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome, Jenn!

I hope you'll enjoy being a member here.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Thank you I like it here! I am learning my way around the forums. I've never been on a forum before this is actually my first time. Everyone's so friendly and accepting here.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

Welcome to the cafe Jenn, pull up a seat, grab a beer and join in the fun
jeffreyrichards2015

Post by jeffreyrichards2015 »

Welcome aboard!
I'm fairly new here too, the board has some lively discussions!! Looking forward to hearing your points of view.
Life's too short to worry, just get on with it.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Just out of curiosity, when you're out in public with moonshadow skirted, what reactions do you see that are beyond his field of vision? Like, are there more smiles or eye-rolls from in back than in front?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Caultron wrote:Just out of curiosity, when you're out in public with moonshadow skirted, what reactions do you see that are beyond his field of vision? Like, are there more smiles or eye-rolls from in back than in front?

Well some people will glance and go about their days. Others will snicker, laugh, eye-roll or give really bad dirty looks. Sometimes it annoys me people do that and I always want to defend Moon but he tells me not to worry about it and we go on about our day. In the back most will snicker and snare sometimes moon doesn't always see everything but I do. Other times they do it where it's noticeable. I still stay by his side holding hands, arm and arm or just causally walking. It's gotten to the point now we hardly pay attention to it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

It's nice to meet all of you. Yes their are lively discussions on here I am still getting the hang of this site but I think I'm coming along well. Welcome to the site as well!
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Welcome to both you and Moon,

Just to let you know, there have been other women on this site over the years who have posted extensively. They have been wives or significant others of forum members and have not failed to jump into discussions on a range of topics. Please feel free to respectfully chime in on any and all subjects. I am sure there are many forum members who appreciate having the opposite sex voice approval of men in un-bifurcated garments.

I would ask my wife of 25 years to join, but she is far too busy with her work in technology to find the time to contribute. I do read some of the more interesting posts to her from time to time. She is most critical about the lack of fashion sense exhibited by me on occasion when I am skirted. I rely on her impeccable fashion skills to keep my look sharp and good looking.

PS I wear kilts almost every other day in and about London. Miniskirts at home in the flat.

Cheers,
Chris
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Jenn and welcome to this site. I hope you and Moon continue with your posts giving both sides of the spectrum - very refreshing! It's great to hear a woman's viewpoint and perspective on this (predominently) male forum.

I note that initially you were bothered by the idea that your man wanted to wear a skirt but that you are coming round to the idea and even shop together for them.
8) :D :thumright: That is wonderful news!

Sadly not all women agree with you, such as MOH who does not even want to consider the idea (though initially she was accepting of it if not entirely enamoured) :eye: :eye: Nowadays, the only times I can wear a skirt are outside in the big wide world (but not with her) and also when I am alone in the house. :(

I have not had any bother at all whilst wearing kilts (I am Scottish so that is a given!), Utilitikilts, knee length skirts or miniskirts either with or without tights. No bother at all from some workmates and neighbours who have seen me skirted either as well as nothing but double-takes from Joe Public (and one wolf-whistle!). Indeed the few (mainly women) who have spoken to me were very complimentary! :D 8) Especially when I was wearing miniskirts for some reason! 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Sadly not all women agree with you, such as MOH who does not even want to consider the idea (though initially she was accepting of it if not entirely enamoured) :eye: :eye: Nowadays, the only times I can wear a skirt are outside in the big wide world (but not with her) and also when I am alone in the house. :(
Thank you! Give your lady time. She's probably still shocked about it all. I know it took awhile for me to come around with the whole idea. It would be nice if your wife would help you pick out some outfits. That's what I do with Moon when we go out shopping. If I see something I tell him about it and if he likes it too he tries it on and buys it. Compliments are nice . As long as other woman don't try and come in between Mine and Moon's marriage I don't mind him getting compliments. After all it's nice to feel appreciated not just by your spouse.

Good luck to you and keep on being you!

I am part Italian, Irish, Scottish, Apache, British and so many more. I have always loved kilts they are a thing for me.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

Jenn,
Great to have a woman's voice on this forum again. I think most of the men here do not have an good innate fashion sense, as most of us did not start wearing skirts, at least in public, until later in life. So most of us have to be our own judge on such matters, as one own's SO may not be accepting, or fallen into the state of not commenting at all. The pics and look section is quite active, and perhaps you could comment occasionally. Personally I find the public quite accepting of kilts in various forms (with complimentary comments and enquiries being quite common), but wearing women's skirts is a harder sell, and most don't comment, though denim mins seem quite accepted in liberal societies.

Rod
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

JennC03 wrote:... Give your lady time. She's probably still shocked about it all. I know it took awhile for me to come around with the whole idea. It would be nice if your wife would help you pick out some outfits. That's what I do with Moon when we go out shopping. If I see something I tell him about it and if he likes it too he tries it on and buys it. Compliments are nice . As long as other woman don't try and come in between Mine and Moon's marriage I don't mind him getting compliments. After all it's nice to feel appreciated not just by your spouse.

Good luck to you and keep on being you!

I am part Italian, Irish, Scottish, Apache, British and so many more. I have always loved kilts they are a thing for me.
Thanks for your reply - I don't really see her changing her mind anytime soon to be honest. I had one discussion with her about her wearing trousers and her reply was that she wore women's trousers (so that was OK then). I decided to get a Utilitikilt (a beige/sandy one) as it was a man's skirt (for want of a better term) and all I got was a shake of the head and a "NO" (so that wasn't OK then?) Still not worked out why but that was a real kick in the stomach! :eye: :blue:

Thanks too for the good luck message - I will still try and be me - a man who doesn't want to be a woman but would just like to have the option of wearing a skirt at home occasionally. Tights seem to be accepted by her though I still get butterflies against a possible negative reaction.

And I am mainly Scottish but have some English and Irish in my ancestry which I have traced back as far as 1709 (the last entry seemed to have a French woman's name as my lots-of-greats-grandmother). BTW, I have written a sci-fi story about the 1860's wild west where I included some words/speech of Apache (probably all incorrect) !
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

BTW, I have written a sci-fi story about the 1860's wild west where I included some words/speech of Apache (probably all incorrect) !

Hey I wouldn't mind reading it. Sometimes we can change our spouses minds other times it's a no win. Least you can find great support here for the time being. I have been looking at skirt sites most of the morning trying to line up site's for Moon to give him more choices for skirts. Most of the sites I've found though are expensive. However they had some really cool skirts on there I thought he might like. I do hope things turn around for you and will be Praying they do!
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

Lots of colorful skirts at Sammy Dress: http://www.sammydress.com/Wholesale-Skirts.html
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

JennC03 wrote:
BTW, I have written a sci-fi story about the 1860's wild west where I included some words/speech of Apache (probably all incorrect) !

Hey I wouldn't mind reading it. Sometimes we can change our spouses minds other times it's a no win. Least you can find great support here for the time being. I have been looking at skirt sites most of the morning trying to line up site's for Moon to give him more choices for skirts. Most of the sites I've found though are expensive. However they had some really cool skirts on there I thought he might like. I do hope things turn around for you and will be Praying they do!
JennC03
I would like to send you the story - it is in 3 parts and, as I cannot see a way to send attachments either as a PM or a direct e-mail, so have sent you my direct e-mail via a PM to get your direct e-mail address. However, you seem to have deleted your PM reply. No problem if you don't wish to don't wish to to exchange e-mails - that's fine.

(Do note that any sent PM remains in your outbox until the recipient opens it - perhaps you were wondering why it didn't seem to be sent and deleted it. I thought that when I first sent PM's through this site)

Ross