Greetings from the Philippines

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Greetings from the Philippines

Post by Judah14 »

Hi there! I am Judah14, from the Philippines. I came here to contribute information on the Philippine malong, a traditional tube skirt from Muslim Mindanao, as it has not been brought up in this forum at all. What's nice about the malong is a very versetile garment, since it can be used as a skirt for men or women, a sash, a blanket, and many other uses. I like wearing the malong when I go to the beach during summer vacation, where it would be very comfortable. My vacation mates do like the idea, along with my male and female friends who say I look nice wearing a malong. One of my male friends even remarked that he would find it very comfortable, as when it is hot jeans would soak up leg sweat and feel uncomfortable to him, while the malong is more breathable. My parents are neutral to it, though they caution me that others might make fun of me, though I just think "haters gonna hate" :D .
Just a question: why does it say "BBCode is OFF" when I post while in the user control panel it says it is enabled?
らき☆
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings from the Philippines

Post by Big and Bashful »

Isn't that garment similar to a tube sarong? (Just a passing thought)

Oh and hello and welcome to the forum.

Right, now to Google for "malong"
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Yes it is, they are practically interchangable though here in the Philippines, the "feminine" designs are acceptable for men to wear, unlike in other countries.
らき☆
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: