first post from Kent UK

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
jeffreyrichards2015

Re: first post from Kent UK

Post by jeffreyrichards2015 »

Thanks everyone for their replies to my intro message. I'll stop worrying and get on with enjoying my skirts.
I've just been out to the shops with my wife, she was in jeans and I was in skirt and tights, she fully supports my choice.
I'll dig into the forum boards now.
Life's too short to worry, just get on with it.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi JR2015 - welcome to the site!
I consider the definifion of a cross-dresser as one why wishes to fully dress with a view to pass as a woman.

That is the key difference between a crossdresser and simply a man-in-a-skirt or man-in-skirt-and-tights or man-in-a-dress who still looks and acts as a man such as yourself.

I wear skirts generally several inches above the knee (I also have some short 14" long mini-skirts as well) and wear them with tights (or just bare hairy legs) but do not regard myself as a crossdresser.

Just as women who wear trousers are not crossdressers - even those who wear the most masculine office trousered suit and tie - neither should men be labelled that way becsuse they buy and wear one or two items from the other aisle.

Just enjoy the company here and keep wearing your skirts 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hi Jeff and welcome to the site. I've just returned from 2 weeks in Egypt ( early 40 degree weather except for the last 3 days where a sandstorm blown in from the Sahara caused a type of sea fret and lowered the temperature to a very humid mid 30 degrees ). I wore for the most part bikini bottoms which are pretty much identical to men's swimwear, sarongs, vest tops bought from the other side of the aisle in Matalans, some tops MOH gave me which have a pronounced V-front and a "female" purple top again donated by MOH that even had the support of my granddaughters. MOH often remarked on my sarongs as my skirts in a derogatory way as she doesn't like me wearing skirts and definitely not dresses. So Jeff, it's what you are comfortable wearing that's important and this site has a great level-headed bunch as members and you'll receive some great support and words of wisdom.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Don't you find bikini bottoms a bit incommodious?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I find them very comfortable and snug and as long as they don't have, for instance, side ties or such fripperies then you can't really tell that they are bikini bottoms. In that respect you have to be a bit choosy in the design and pattern. I've been wearing them for years with MOH's blessing, for once. Admittedly they don't have the little darts that budgie smugglers have but they have lots of elastane in them so they stretch to accommodate our vital bits. Why should you think that they are uncomfortable? All I can say is the same as we say about skirts - try them and see. I'm a 34 waist and I find that about a 14 or 16 bottom fit fine.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fyi they do make bikini style briefs for men. They are made of soft polyester and spandex. Walmart sells them. I purchased a pair to wear while hiking to help with chafing. It helped tremendously. They look almost like a women's bikini bottom but have a little extra room "where it counts". Only thing is when you pee you just have to pull down the waist as they don't have the little access hole. But I never used that anyway.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Slight misunderstanding there, I think moonshadow. In this case the subject is bikini swimming bottoms. The men's version would be "speedos". I wear them for preference when swimming as I cannot stand going into the water in those baggy shorts, ugh! I too have used bikini bottoms instead as well, partly for the kick, but sometimes simply because I couldn't find any men's stuff that was cut the way I wanted. As Sinned says, choose the right pair without the usual frippery and it would a brave person that would be prepared to say definitively they were lady''s. I found it amusing to note that Alton Towers in the UK banned men in speedos, but French swimming pools insisted on them and banned baggy shorts instead!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

That's ASDA over here ms. Not really seen them about, just the traditional costumes and in any case they will probably still be more expensive than the £2 or so that I pay for bikini briefs in the end of summer sales. I'll stick to what I know, they work for me. Thanks ps it's good to know that someone else has worn them and for similar reasons although I don't wear them for the kick, as your put it but because they are cheap, I like the patterns and they fit well.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote:Slight misunderstanding there, I think moonshadow. In this case the subject is bikini swimming bottoms. The men's version would be "speedos"!
Point taken!
Sinned wrote:That's ASDA over here ms. Not really seen them about, just the traditional costumes and in any case they will probably still be more expensive than the £2 or so that I pay for bikini briefs in the end of summer sales. I'll stick to what I know, they work for me. Thanks ps it's good to know that someone else has worn them and for similar reasons although I don't wear them for the kick, as your put it but because they are cheap, I like the patterns and they fit well.
Price wise you are probably correct, and they generally cost more than standard cotton mens briefs. I purchased a pack of three for about $10. The resemble the "speedo" that partlyscot pointed out, and while I suppose you could wear them as a swimming garment, my reason was for hiking, as the crease in regular briefs that forms the opening would wear pretty thin on my inner leg after a few miles of sweaty walking. The package says they wick away moisture which was another selling point for me. And as personal preference, I don't wear boxers.

As far as the mens bikini briefs, I don't think they'd be comfortable in pants, especially my work pants. But work really well with the skirts. On this side of the pond they're sold in the underwear section.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I won't comment here since underwear discussions are technically verboten in these fora, though I'd like to. I've had the mods come down on me for less than has been posted here. Just a cautionary note.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

It appears I, may have been getting the wrong end of the stick, though I don't think so. I think Sinned was talking about using bikini swim bottoms for swimming. That's what I was talking about anyway. If I can find decent inexpensive speedos, that's what I wear. In the past, I just couldn't find what I wanted, so crossed the aisle to find the colours and cut I wanted. In swimwear, (and underwear too, though I'll leave that one alone) I could show you several different types and you couldn't identify which is which.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It's likely that the error was mine. Either way it strays from the site's theme.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

You are correct - I was talking about bikini swimming bottoms. I didn't make that clear as I guess that having just returned from holiday I was still in the holiday frame of mind. { Now context switch back to the real world, or as much like the real world as I care to make it. }

As for deviating from the original theme that can happen fairly quickly so system normal there.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

No problem. It may have been a cultural matter. We don't often see men in Speedo suits here outside an athletic venue.
Inverness

Post by Inverness »

Hello :)

It's my first post also, I'm from the other end of the British isles, but I have family in Kent, beautiful part of the world. :D