hi! i am new here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

hi! i am new here

Post by Bamaskirting »

hello. my name is charles. i have been crossdressing since i was a kid and am 35 now. until recentle, i only wore bras and panties.
i just ordered my first skirt. it is a vsecret bodycon skull skirt. and i must say it is kind of manly looking actually. i also just recently got a few dresses.
i just wish it was acceptable to war them in public without having trouble fall upon me. they are so comfortable.and of course skirt like outfits were common in the old days.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: hi! i am new here

Post by Caultron »

Hi, grlyboy.

This board is primarily for men who want to wear skirts but still be perceived as men, and not formen who want to be perceived as women. Of course, I'm not sure how that relates to you.

In any event, wearing a skirt in public generally does not result in trouble falling upon you. Some people won't notice, most won't care, some (usually women) will like it, and only a very few will frown. I'm sure that seems unbelievable but as many here will attest, it's true. The greatest impediment is generally yourself. Just be confident, look people straight in the eye, and be friendly if they say something.

I guess your skull skirt is black; is that right? Because when I googled it all the photos showed that color. If so, black tights and shoes will lessen the impact. If it helps, try it the first time some distance from your home, either in brief transactions like buying gas or buying a drink from a convenience store or whatever, or being lost in a crowd, like a mall or Walmart.

Is there someone in particular you think might strongly disapprove and create problems? A wife, perhaps, or an employer such as a school board?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

glyby, There are one or two here who admit to earing a bra because of problems but wearing one when you don't need to is one of motivation. See the comment that I left in the "Need advice in Nebraska" thread. I wear skirts, tights, a slip when needed and ear-rings but even with my long hair I don't want to look like a woman and the rest of my clothes are traditionally male. I do reserve the right to consider any other garment on its own merits. MOH doesn't like me wearing a skirt out of the house and to quote her, "You must be off your trolley" if I try. Read posts on this site before deciding if this is the site for you. And welcome.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Well I do like dressing as a girl but am not trying to be one or pass as one. I am male and want to stay that way. But either way I see now that this isn't exactly the right forum for me. But I will stick around awhile and see. Even if it's not, I'm sure I can pick up some good information. Thanks
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I would suggest 'Crossdressers.com'.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

grlyboy wrote:Well I do like dressing as a girl but am not trying to be one or pass as one. I am male and want to stay that way.
That sounds pretty much like a fit to the aims of the forum. Although most folks here would not describe themselves as wanting to dress as a girl, they would say that they are male, intend to stay that way and want to be seen as male.

There have been a number of people who first came here thinking that they were crossdressers or had to try and pass as female in order to wear the clothes that they want to. After reading around here, and chatting to a few of the other board members, they discovered that they are not alone in their clothing preferences and that there is really no need to pretend to be anyone other than who they are. That is what this forum is for, supporting men who want to be men, but would like to dress in ways that the majority of the populace do not consider to be "manly" (whatever that means).
But either way I see now that this isn't exactly the right forum for me. But I will stick around awhile and see. Even if it's not, I'm sure I can pick up some good information. Thanks
You may find you are a better fit than you currently think and, even if not, there is still lots of good stuff here that may both interest and help you.

Take your time, have a poke around and see how you feel once you have done that. Whatever you decide it will be your decision and should be based entirely on who you feel you are.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

grlyboy wrote:Well I do like dressing as a girl but am not trying to be one or pass as one. I am male and want to stay that way. But either way I see now that this isn't exactly the right forum for me. But I will stick around awhile and see. Even if it's not, I'm sure I can pick up some good information. Thanks
Judging by the way you described your preferences, grlyboy, you may be a "free styler". This forum has a section for Free Styling.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Thanks for all the replies
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Sinned wrote:glyby, There are one or two here who admit to earing a bra because of problems but wearing one when you don't need to is one of motivation.
Sinned, I take exception of your statement of wearing a bra because of "problems". I would have preferred you to use the word "characteristics" instead. Some women, admittedly few, are flat chested. Some men have large breasts without having any hormone treatments and like it that way.

John
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

John, perhaps as you have indicated, the word "problems" can have all sorts of connotations. I intended it to mean problems in the medical context as you have said that you have rather than in the more general sense. If I have caused offense then I apologise, that was not my intention. I wanted more to indicate men wearing a bra where there is no physical requirement but their desire because most women require one and they want to emulate that. Has that made it clearer? I am slightly overweight and have some fat deposit in the breast area but I wouldn't say that I have enough to warrant wearing any support but should I want to emulate a woman I could convince myself that a bra was necessary even though physically it isn't. Fuzzy thinking on my part or am I digging a hole and should stop digging?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Sorry, Sinned. I did not mean to put you on pins and needles. I think one should wear a bra only if (s)he needs it because of breast tissue. I don't like the idea of breast forms or anything like that. I might also say (and I might get into hot water) I don't see the point of AA and A cup bras. Why bother with a bra at all with such shallow cups? On the other hand there are plenty of men with large breasts that really need bras and there should be no shame of wearing a bra if needed. I believe surgery to remove breasts on men should be regarded as an unnecessary procedure unless there is breast cancer.

John