Hi, Donald here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi, Donald here

Post by DonaldG »

Yes, I also find women like male kilt wearing. My black leather kilt was admired by the checkout assistant in my local (Scottish) Tesco - and she was middle-aged and with a South of England accent! Next time I went through her checkout she was disappointed that I was wearing trousers rather than a kilt!
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Further to my comments about my wife's doubt about me wearing a skirt in public, when I appeared at the door ready to drive her to her church in Haddington last Sunday wearing a long leather skirt , her only comment was "are you going out wearing that skirt?". I said yes, did, she made no further comment about it, and I was actually disappointed that as I shopped while she was at church , no-one seemed to notice that I was wearing a skirt.

Real confidence booster - think I may now be addicted to wearing skirts!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I get that comment a lot from my wife! Or I used to, but now she knows the answer ("yes"), she often doesn't bother.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

To all my fellow skirters. Sorry I've not replied to every post individually, but I've found them all very helpful, welcoming and encouraging.

Since joining the forum a week ago I've gone out in public on 3 occasions wearing skirts, none of which could possibly be regarded as a kilt. My courage to do so is largely down the the welcome I've receive here.

Thanks.

Donald :D
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

DonaldG wrote: My courage to do so is largely down the the welcome I've receive here.
:D
Yes, I am quite sure belonging to the forum has helped a lt of us over the first hurdle.
Never look back !
Martin
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi DonaldG

A belated welcome to the site - as this is after our skirted meeting a few weeks back with Potbelly McK and Andrew (Jerevo)! like the look aof the stone-coloured cargo skirt - where did you get it?

Here's to the next meeting after the New Year but in the meantime, have a great Christmas!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Hi skirtingtoday, and thanks for the welcome.

I bought that cargo skirt a few years ago from a charity shop, but the label says Matalan. I have another similar one, in beige, also originally from Matalan (Papaya).
Papaya beige 2.jpg

Progress on going out skirted - MOH no longer says "are you going out wearing that skirt? " when we leave the house together, but seems to just accept it as a normal way for me to dress. Yesterday I drove her to her choir practice in Haddington, wearing a denim maxi skirt. I bought it from a charity shop more than 15 years ago and have worn it many times at home, but this was the first time in public. I did some shopping in Aldi while she was in the church.
denim maxi 2.jpg
Yes, another meeting in the new year would be fun. I'll be in Central Edinburgh on Monday afternoon on my own before meeting up with Margaret, so if you or anyone else is free for a quick drink etc. that would be great.

Have a great Christmas.
Donald
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Donald, I have a khaki/beige cargo skirt which came from e-bay. It too was labelled "Papaya" which I found out later was from Matalan!

I am in the office (in Edinbugh) on Monday morning - then I am off until the New Year. I have to pick up my wife's watch from Fredrerick St (it needed a new battery) at lunchtime and then I am off home. Would have liked to have met up but it wouldn't be skirted.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Hi Ross,
I'll probably not get into town until about 1:30 pm , so likely not see you, but just in case you're still around then I've sent you a personal message with my mobile number.

Have a good Christmas.
Donald
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Thanks Donald - Got your Mob No and sent you an e-mail back with my own number - in case you do get in earlier but for future reference anyway.

Have a great Christmas!

Ross
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Hello Donald.

Only this last week rekindled my readings of posts on this forum. Various reasons and time. What little time I had over the last 12 months has been dedicated to getting my web site more known and a presence on Twitter, both promoting men in skirts. I have a very busy personal life and decided I should try and make more time for this forum as well in an effort to help others who can not be more open about their preference to skirts know that there are many like minded men in this world and they can get help and support.

I'm pleased to hear that your other half is supportive and that you do go out and about skirted or simply in clothes that your prefer. The more men that do so will hopefully make it more easier for those who cannot or feel that they cannot.

It is about time that society relaxed it's labels of expected dress code for men like it does now for women. Freedom of choice in whatever type and style of clothing should be open to all. Clothes do not make the person, its your personality that makes you.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.