New from Virginia

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New from Virginia

Post by skirtingtoday »

Welcome barefoot_kevin - hope you have a good time here.

Good to hear of your positivity and comfort experienced. As with quite a few of us here, there are problems with the wife's non or reluctant acceptance on skirted men but at least your wife tolerates it.

Hope to hear more from you in the future

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

Hi, Kevin! Is it safe to assume from your name that you, like me, prefer to utilize your feet in the manner nature intended?
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
barefoot_kevin

Post by barefoot_kevin »

MrNaturalAZ wrote:Hi, Kevin! Is it safe to assume from your name that you, like me, prefer to utilize your feet in the manner nature intended?
Absolutely!
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

barefoot_kevin wrote:
MrNaturalAZ wrote:Hi, Kevin! Is it safe to assume from your name that you, like me, prefer to utilize your feet in the manner nature intended?
Absolutely!
In that case, you my be interested (if you aren't already a member) in one or both of these communities:

Society for Barefoot Living:
http://www.barefooters.org (also includes a closed, moderated listserv via yahoo groups - info on joining at main site)

The Barefooters Forum:
http://www.thebarefootersforum.com (web forum/bbs, similar to this one here, but about barefooting instead of skirting)
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
Crazyman

Post by Crazyman »

Cool! I'd love to be able to run around barefoot in the summer but I absolutely can't. I live in the centrum of a big city in Europe and every night the drunkards are out in full force and on many occasions they've dropped bottles right outside my house. So that the one time I did go out barefoot I got a tiny sliver of glass stuck in my foot which took me like an hour to remove. I was like "never again." But going barefoot is not a bad idea, and I'll give it a try by driving far away and doing it in the woods. It's not only healthy because you're stimulating all the reflexological points on your feet, but you're also grounding yourself and that has significant benefits. Look up some YouTube videos on grounding and you'll see why it's the next best thing to sliced bread. They took 2 plants, one that was a control, and one where there was a wire leading from it to the earth and the one with the wire grew faster and was more robust than the control. It's logical: we're earthlings so any contact with the earth itself is definitely beneficial, and the last time I checked I don't remember anyone being born with shoes on.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

barefoot_kevin wrote: I am also an avid hiker, and usually wear a kilt on hikes, but am looking into a macabi for hiking as it offers more protection from sun, insects and trail hazards, and offers more versatility than a kilt. I would like some advice from macabi wearers here on length, modes of wear, etc...
Kevin
I wear a size 36 pant and it's already a little tight (although my new found interest in hiking might change that). I purchased the "Large" at "Regular Length", and I have to say it's a perfect fit. I'm debating on trying the "Short", as it only looks like it would cut about 4 inches off the length. But at my height of 5'11" I don't want it too short. Long would be to hard to hike in as I'd probably constantly step on the hem. I the regular, I'd only step on it in the most extreme of climbs, however in these cases you can "snap it up", practically as high as you need it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skipper5551

Post by skipper5551 »

Hi Kevin,
I too wear a skirt to hike in. I live in Georgia and have hiked in GA, NC & TN. I have seen only a few skirted men on the trail. Some hikers ask (especially the lady hikers) about my wearing a skirt. I for one have a hard time wondering why more women do not wear a skirt since they are so comfortable. When on a hiking trip, I always wear a skirt full time. Trips into town for supplies or laundry are done with no thought of wearing anything else. Most people either do not notice or do not care what I wear. I have a couple of kilts but find them way too warm to wear hiking. I use my kilts for more formal outings. My wife is not very supportive of my skirt wearing, and she does not want to wear a skirt herself. Too uncomfortable she says.
Skipper5551
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kilting and hiking in Arizona...

https://www.facebook.com/jim.buyens/photos
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron