Greetings from Belgium

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
musa

Greetings from Belgium

Post by musa »

Hey there

I am Louwrens and I like to wear a skirt ,I live in Europe and I am curious about foreign
People that has the same hobby :P
I am 47 married and have two kids

Here is the Dutch forum

http://www.rokvoormannen.nl/forum/index.php
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings from Belgium

Post by Caultron »

Greetings to you, Louwrens, and welcome to the group!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Welcome too from myself - you will find that some of your forum mates are also registered here.

Good to have you on board.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

Not Lawrence of Arabia but Louwrens of Belgium. :lol:
:welcome:

Janrok from Holland.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I spent a few days in Bruges recently with my wife. I was kilted or skirted the whole time and for the journeys out and back. No problem at all although I did have my photograph taken a few times, including once by a group of young Japanese girls who waited until we had passed each other and then took my picture from behind. (Actually several of them did). They looked mortified when I turned around and "caught them" at it. I just grinned and gave them a couple of poses; got some huge smiles and lots of thanks in return.

Great place, no problems and friendly people. Add in some marvellous beers and I could get to like the place :D

Welcome to our corner of the web.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
musa

Post by musa »

Brugge is indeed a wonderful town I myself make several walks in Brugge ,there are so many people from so many country's they dont'
care if you walk in a skirt.
From my place it's just 15 min with the train.
In Belgium the really don't care occasionally you may have a surprise look but negative reactions are really rare.
But like in other countries in the world you have places that you better avoid as men in skirt.
Antwerp out of the tourist center
Brussels out of the tourist center.
Gent out of the tourist center.
In these city's you have a great concentration of Muslin people and they have a whole other
option about this.
But in general Belgium people are friendly and they are tolerant.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
musa

Post by musa »

Thx to everbody :D
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome from Ireland. I am a rower and have competed many times in Belgium.....Ghent, Oostend and Hasewinkel. Of your towns I like Brugge best. Very pretty.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

From Australia comes a welcome also, Louwrens. I'm sure you will find many kindred souls here from all ages, but with one theme in common, and that is the ability to be themselves without the stifling convention of "thou must not, but I can't tell you why".

We hosted two 20 something Belgian boys in 2008 for World Youth Day. A misnomer as it took over a week before the big "Day" I have some lantern slides taken by my great aunts in Brugge sometime in the mid 1890s. I also have a 44 calibre revolver made in Belgium sometime in the late 1880s, that has been in the family since new. I would love to go to Liege where the great arms factories were, and where they now have an extensive museum. Sorry to have gone so far off track, however--- :welcome:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
musa

Post by musa »

@Ton,I live in Oostende :) and thx for the welcome
@Saronman ,Indeed Herstal Liege is one of the leading factory's of weapons in the world for hand weapons :)

http://www.fnherstal.com/primary-menu/p ... -guns.html
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Lauwrence,

Thanks for that weapons catalogue link. I need to go shopping in Liege for something to deal with the rabbits and hooded crows which invade our grounds & destroy respectively our vegetables and our tame doves.
I had the FN M2 HB QCB .50 cal. heavy machine gun in mind :wink:

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !