Howdy!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Man in a skirt

Howdy!

Post by Man in a skirt »

Howdy!
I'm Rob. I'm a confidently straight, happily married man with 2 wonderful children. I have been wearing skirts and the occasional dress since I was a teenager, and boy did my family freak out when I got busted!! I've never wanted to pass myself as a woman, or the the surgery, I just like the feel, comfort, and freedom of a skirt, or just a silk slip. When I moved into my own place I started buying my own things, and when I got married I had a variety of my wife's stuff to choose from. My first wife didn't have a problem with it, as long as I wasn't gonna go out and about like that, but my wife now is VERY uncomfortable about the whole thing. Now that I've out on the road, and away from home, I'm wearing skirts in my hotel room all the time. I really wanna go out, but I'm kinda nervous about how I will be treated. I can stand laughing, but I'm not sure if I should fear for my safety or not. I'm leaning towards making a trial run by taking the train to San Francisco... Stay tuned to see what happens...
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Howdy!

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Howdy back at ya MiS.
Are you planning wearing the skirt on the train or changing once you get to my fair city? If it stays warm tomorrow, I may be out in the afternoon in a skirt. It's been a long, cold spell since the last time.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

I'm thinking bike to the station, and change on the train. I'm zipping out to pickup my 2 mail-ordered skirts across town tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll skirt locally or not yet... Next weekend I'm busy, but I'll be headed your way soon...
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi Rob and :welcome:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Rob, from a very long way away, and Welcome.

My wife is also very uncomfortable with my little fad, so I do it when she's not around. It may sound defeatist and cancelling out the freedom bit, but to counter our current unseasonal cold weather I discovered an anthracite pair of 120 denier opaques the other day which feel pretty snug and allow me wear my denim mini &c out without getting frozen, which is a joy.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hi Rob,

It's the confidence that matters, straight or not! As has been said here before, they may be sold in the women's department, but it takes balls to go out wearing a skirt.

Read what all the guys have said about what happened to them when they stepped out skirted ... nothing. Plenty of odd looks, but most people studiously ignore you. You might get the occasional interesting conversation with a stranger (still waiting for that to happen to me though). If you stay clear of the obvious risky places, e.g. dodgy bars, your chance of anyone making as much as an unwelcome remark is very small. So go for it!

Any idea why your wife has gone against the idea of you wearing a skirt? (I hope mine never does; she's not exactly in favour as it is.)
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

she said it "wierds her out" and all that... I plan on trying to bring it up again sometime. We DO have 2 young boys, and I dont want them to get the wrong ideas in their head (ones that their peers at school put there, not me!) about what's "manly" and "girly" and "gay"... Also, the oldest still has court mandated visits with his sperm donor, and if he goes to telling the wrong folks about "my other daddy wears skirts" things could get difficult...

But, since I'm currently out on the road, it's a whole different ball game. Last night about midnight I went walking a few miles around the neighborhood... still haven't gone out during the day yet...
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

the oldest still has court mandated visits with his sperm donor
Incredible!
I thought sperm donation was always anonymous. It certainly should be, imho. Avoids future complications for the offspring. I'm quite sure one father is enough (ie; the one that brings the child up, as in the case of adoption).

However, I do fully understand your not wanting your kids' schoolfriends to get wrong ideas or put wrong ideas into the kids' heads.
On the other hand, I was always unbifurcated when I showed up at my grandchildren's schools (often went to meet them to take them home), and they were always quite happy to be seen with me, so I assume there were no inapporpriate comments made

Martin
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

couyalair wrote:
I thought sperm donation was always anonymous.
I read the phrase "sperm donor" as tongue-in-cheek-speak for absent biological father.

As for sperm donation being anonymous, that used to be the case in the UK, however, the human fertility and embryology authority recommended a few years ago that the children should have the right to find out who the donor was. Part of the justification was to do with inherited conditions that could be relevant to the offspring’s medical history and part was about “knowing where they came from”. Unsurprisingly, a few months later the HFEA were complaining that the number of sperm donors had dropped dramatically…
…I do fully understand your not wanting your kids' schoolfriends to get wrong ideas or put wrong ideas into the kids' heads.
As do I. However, kids are often smarter and more resilient than we give then credit for; by way of example read my introduction post when I first joined the forum.

A few years later he moved up to the next school and I got moaned at for not wearing a skirt around his friends because he’d told them, but they’d never seen me skirted and so thought he was making it up.

Every case is different, but it might be worth talking to the kids rather than making an assumption. Being open about something like that removes any hold that others might think they have over you; blackmail (financial or emotional) does not work if the information is already in the public domain.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Welcome to the cafe.
I've always considered the wearing of skirts to have little to do with sexual inferences. Being able to enjoy a certain style of clothing is what it's all about. Best to avoid places though where the ambient IQ is likely to be insufficient to that required when seeing a man in a skirt as not being some kind of threat to their company. But why it would be I've no idea. Anyway, good luck with everything.

Pete
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

Milfmog wrote:
couyalair wrote:
I thought sperm donation was always anonymous.
I read the phrase "sperm donor" as tongue-in-cheek-speak for absent biological father.

Ding! We have a winner!! Any fool can put sperm where it needs to go, it takes a real man, dedication and love to be a father. The gentleman in question has little if any of the above, whereas I see Alex as my own son... The courts differ though...