Hampshire Newbie

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Ian_G

Hampshire Newbie

Post by Ian_G »

Hi all,

I was introduced to wearing the kilt a few years ago, when we were invited to New Year and a Burns' Supper parties. Since then I have collected a few kilts, all PV still saving for a proper tank. Try to wear them as much as possible, about 5 days a week, including shopping and attending the JobCentre.

Not doing too well on the work front, had to leave my last full time job on the grounds of ill health and have only managed to work 5 months in the last two years. However, I did wear kilts to that job on 3 occasions, the first was for red nose day and having been accepted on that occasion I then wore a kilt twice more. Got a great Christmas present, a conditional offer of employment for six months arrived at the end of December, just waiting for the references to be obtained and a starting date.

The other major event during the last year was my wife leaving me, she decided that being poor was not a good idea and wanted to enjoy her life. So I am pleased to see the back of 2011, the plans that were made for it never came to fruition and it was bad news all round.

Just waiting to start my new job and for the divorce papers to arrive.

Ian
floatingmetal

Re: Hampshire Newbie

Post by floatingmetal »

Welcome. Great news on the job offer, hope that all works out smoothly. And the other thing, obviously but we'll skip past the negative. I'm in effect just starting a 6 month contract myself (been there a couple of days a week for a couple of months informally, moving up to 3 days with some degree of security). The place I'm at should be fairly accepting but I want to get a few bits fixed and get people happy with what I'm doing before rocking the boat.

Good luck,

Graham.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Ian
Glad to hear about the job, employment etc. is a subject very close to my heart.
2011 has also been a mixed bag, much positive and negative, welcome to the cafe and all the best for a truly good 2012.
Steve.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Hooray! At least someone has a job - assuming the answer is positive.
Good luck. :)
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi Ian & :welcome: we have met before on X Marks the Scott, maybe we should meet up
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Ian G.

I lived in Hampshire near Basingstoke for 20 years and sailed our boat out of the Hamble River for all that time. At the start there wasn't an M3, so it was village hopping down through the County to get to the sea.

I'm 20 years older than you and have been living back in Ireland for 16 years now, but visit places like Petersfield Alton and Hartley-Wintney every year. I recently attended a 50th Wedding party atop the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth!

Welcome to the Forum.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Welcome to the site.

When I first started work, back in 1996, it was at an electronics firm in Petersfield. I worked there four years and thoroughly love the scenery of the South Downs. Most weekends would see me falling off my mountain bike, or strolling up Butser Hill. Happy days.

In Cambridge, now, not well known for its rugged terrain, but you can't have everything.

Paul.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Good luck for 2012. Sounds like you're long overdue some! Welcome to the Cafe from a Devonshire kilt user.

Pete