New from South Australia

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
MrUtopia
Distinguished Member

New from South Australia

Post by MrUtopia »

Hello all. I am new to the cafe. I am from Adelaide, South Australia. I am 48 and a truck driver in the building supply industry.
I would like to see skirted fashion available for men. I believe they are more comfortable and healthier than shorts or pants in some situations. I think there needs to be more skirts made to suit men and there needs.
I hope I can contribute to the conversations here.
dlacey

Re: New from South Australia

Post by dlacey »

Welcome to the cafe MrUtopia
am amazed at the number of skirted clothing already out there , just wish they were more available in local stores.

Welome

Don
Last edited by dlacey on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Hello MrUtopia :welcome: to our little site!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

A very warm welcome from Tasmania :D :D :D :D :D

And boy do you need comfort in those 40deg days over summer!
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
terry1206

Post by terry1206 »

Hello and welcome from Wollongong New South Wales. Yes cannot agree more there is nothing more comfortable than a good skirt. The problem seem to be no skirt makers are interested in making skirts for men at the moment . How do we change this?
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
MrUtopia
Distinguished Member

Post by MrUtopia »

I little more about me. I have been trying to work out what I want, what I am looking for, what makes me comfortable etc etc. I guess, like many.
I am heterosexual, so I am not transsexual.
I have tried cross-dressing, but I do not think that is me. I like skirted clothing including dresses for comfort. I do not like makeup or wigs. The only time I consider body shape like breast enhancers is to make clothes made for women sit comfortably. (I would rather dress style clothes made for my shape). I do not like high-heels, but I do like some flat women's shoes styles for comfort, but I like them in black or blue typically. I do not have a problem with tights or leggings, as I wear them for warmth even under trousers in winter. I do not want to look like a woman, I want to be me (male) and wear what is comfortable.

My son knows I like some women's clothing styles, but has not seen me other than in cotton long t-shirt style nighties coz that is what I find comfortable.
My mother knows but has never seen me wearing anything. My sister knows and she saw me when I was experimenting with cross-dressing including make-up. She is ok with whatever makes me happy. My new wife does not know, but we are not living together yet (not in the same country yet). I do not think she would have a problem with the 'men in skirts' position, but may not want to live with cross-dressing. I take the hits about honesty with my new wife, but I find it hard to talk about something I do not fully understand yet and may decide to live without any of it in the end, just conform..

This forum has helped me decide where I am comfortable and what works for me.
Here are a few pictures of where I think I am most comfortable for now, but I think after taking in some inspiration from here, this may change, just a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

MrUtopia wrote: I have tried cross-dressing, but I do not think that is me.
Cross-dressing is a thing I've never really understood.
I suppose it must be due to the strength of cultural prejudices, plus too many "comic" characters in popular entertainment, that so many men cannot imagine wearing a skirt without trying to imitate the other sex. But you don't try to act like a wild animal when you wear a fur coat, do you? If you usually wear a wig & make-up with trousers, then of course you would with a skirt, but otherwise, why should a simple change of lower garment require the addition of unusual accessories?
I want to be me (male) and wear what is comfortable.
That makes you the same as the majority of the men here and on other masculine forums.
This forum has helped me decide where I am comfortable and what works for me.
Good.
And I think you look great in those photos -- it's the kind of skirt I wear myself, knee-length, plain and simple.

Martin
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I think that the reasons you pose are the same sorts of reasons I am here myself.
The photo of the blue, belted skirt is awesome.
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

Looking good.

I love the one driving the truck. Wearing a skirt and driving a truck realkly sends a message and it is all positive :D :D :D
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Mr Utopia,
A sincere welcome to the cafe, please feel free join in.
As for cross dressing and being a T.V., many of us here never knew that there was a choice. Wear a skirt, try to "pass".
I've done all that, and come out the other side, see other posts.
Steve.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Hi and welcome,

Concerning crossdressing, it is amazing how we can be so conditioned in society to think a certain way especially when we are ignorant of history. Like some here we once thought that to be able to wear a skirt we need to take on the persona of the other gender, yet with a little eyes opened from history and other cultures we realised what we always wanted; skirts for men!

I really like your pictures and think you have started on the right foot. I don't know about others here but I am not big on tucking the shirt in and think that your first picture in the knee length skirt would look better and more invisible with the shirt out. I also wear a satchel bag which help with my unique look. In regards to the second skirt I can only fault it on the length. I personally believe that even the most masculine skirt like the kilt can look feminine if it is too short, and think that mid knee to just covering the knee cap looks best but that is only my own opinion. All in all, you seem to have started really well.

Welcome to skirtcafe.
MrUtopia
Distinguished Member

Post by MrUtopia »

SkirtRevolution wrote:I don't know about others here but I am not big on tucking the shirt in and think that your first picture in the knee length skirt would look better and more invisible with the shirt out. I also wear a satchel bag which help with my unique look. In regards to the second skirt I can only fault it on the length.
Thank you for your feedback. I agree with both comments. The first skirt is good for work, but maybe 1 inch to long and I prefer polo shirts not tucked in, but work prefer uniformity. The second skirt is very comfortable, but is to short. I would like to duplicate the style a little longer and with an additional pocket at the rear.

The first is a King Gee women's work wear skirt (no longer available) and the second is actually a school uniform skirt but Universal Uniforms.
Now that I have decided where my preference is, I will shop more specifically and see what I can find. I do not have acceptance of my skirt wearing at home or at work, but I am working on both.