A Dutch intruder

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

A Dutch intruder

Post by janrok »

Hi there, here's a Dutch intruder, an aliën so to speak.
I wear mens skirts and kilts, but not Scottish kilts because they are heavy and have no pockets. I have tried a Utilikilt Mocker but turned to Sportkilts which are more affordable and keep pleats well in shape.
The first time I took interest in skirts was in 1966 when a weekly magazine published some foto's of the latest men's fashion. I saw guys and girls wearing skirts and knew from that moment I wanted to wear skirts too. I showed the pictures to my parents and they were not amused, to say the least. I was 18 years of age and waited untill I lived on my own. At 25 I saw a perfect jeansskirt in a store, tried it on, had the flabbergasted saleswomen remove tags and labels and I left the store wearing my first skirt, happy and proud!
None of my partners ever objected. The only restriction is the weather; I wear pants when the temperature drops below 20 degrees centigrade.
Thats all, Folks!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A Dutch intruder

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome Jan. It sounds like you could teach most men here a thing or two, having been wearing skirts for so long. A pioneer!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

Hello Jan (pronounced yon) from a fellow dutchman in skirts. I was born in Holland and moved to Canada when I was 3. So although born Dutch...I consider myself Canadian since i have spent 57 of my 60 years here. I love skirts and feel most uncomfortable in pants when I really have to wear them. Welcome to the group!!! :welcome:
Dale

Post by Dale »

Wow! You are a real pioneer have worn skirts for so long. I don't really like the cold, but I like trouser even less, so I still wear a skirt at temperatures considerably less than 20 C.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

janrok wrote:Hi there, here's a Dutch intruder, an aliën so to speak.
Sorry to read that you feel an alien here. Alas, the ubiquitous use of Amerenglsih on internet must have this effect on many people, whose voices are therefore never heard. I hope we manage to make you feel welcome here.
I wear pants when the temperature drops below 20 degrees centigrade.
But it never really gets above 20° in your beautiful country. I stayed for two years, but the call of the sun was too strong, and I decided with regrets to leave behind the delights of a unique country, a unique people.

Martin
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

I already feel at home here. :wink:
Please take into account that foreigners cannot be expected to be perfect and flawless in English or Amerenglish.
A word like ubiquitous for instance I will have to look up in a dictionairy as I don't have the faintest idea what it means.

By the way, don't understimate our beautiful summers :sunny:

Merry Christmas to you all!

Jan.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Janrok,

With living in Scotland, the temperature, if it ever reaches 20deg C, it is deemed to be a heatwave! :sunny: So I set the limit slightly lower here at around 12 deg C before reverting to trousers.

Except that I in the last few weeks have been wearing tights with skirts - like today when the temperature was around 4deg C - and I didn't feel cold either. A hat helps too :santa:

Merry Christmas or should I say "Kerstmis van Mery en een gelukkig nieuw jaar" (If the translation programme works it out correctly!)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

I tried mens tights (from legs4men) once but it felt quite uncomfortable. This has something to do with some health issues so no tights for me.

This afternoon I bought myself a light weight corduroy tan coloured skirt to be prepaired for the summer. It was on sale for just $ 20.
This year the spring was warm and dry whereas the summer turned out to be rainy and unseasonably cold.
But in 2009 and 2010 we had a warm, long summer and I hope the next year will bring brilliant weather. In america too, off course!

Soon I will try to upload some pictures.

Jan
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

normal_Janrok_20_20_57.jpg
normal_Janrok_20_20_55.jpg
normal_Janrok_20_20_50.jpg
These pictures were taken some 4 years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Jan and Jos. We should start a mini-club here of members who have been self-decided skirters as men for at least 20 years or more. I've been a part time skirt wearing man from 1971 to joining this site in 2004 and full time where I live since 2005. The few years of my babyhood when my Mom, who wanted but didn't deliver any female babies who lived past 6 yrs old of 7 tries dressed me as a girl until age 9 when we moved to an area where home schooling was not allowed. The unhappiest day of my young life was the day she stuck me into trousers and cut off my mid back length blond hair into a flat top crew cut, phooey.

Nowadays I only own 2 pair of non-skirted lower body coverings. A pair of cargo shorts for fishing and a similar pair of trousers for the same thing in the Winter. :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/