Grumpy old geezer

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Departed Member

Grumpy old geezer

Post by Departed Member »

Hi.
In my life I am a normal grumpy old man. I try not to be judgmental, but often can't help it. A little under a year ago found that wearing skirts & dresses can quite nice, particularly in warm weather. :)

I am married & as far as I can tell, straight - but as David Walliams has said, "I am 70% straight" which is probably a little low for me, but as I am married & also a blood donor & . . . . . lots of other things, then the other side of the straight me is kept well hidden, despite living in an almost sexless marriage. :(

I have a profile (same identity as here) on Experienceproject.com which no longer shows my more steamy side, as I fear it might end up on Facebook, of which my wife now has an acount .
I do have Yahoo!Messenger, which I have been known to chat with others from Experienceproject on occasion.

I'm looking forward to virtually meeting some of you & posting on the forums.
Thank you for looking. :D
Last edited by Departed Member on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milfmog

Re: Grumpy old geezer

Post by Milfmog »

Nowt wrong with being grumpy; I have an oft stated ambition to grow into Victor Meldrews' grumpy older brother :D.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Welcome Purecotton you are obviously a Surrey man being pure ,if you were up near Ian (Milfmog) you would be Pollycotton or Polly which would be agaainst the rules
I dwell between Leatherhead and Guildford so am probably your nearest neighbour .I am sure you will find this site as cathartic as I have .
As an aside I notice that my first public outing was on the day of Royal Golden Jubilee and we are now on the cusp of the Diamond so I have been out and about stylish and comfortable for Ten years.Bad comments less than a handfull, positive too many to remember .Skirt on as they say

Regards Martin
Last edited by Maverick on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Welcome Purecotton.

I like your taste in clothes. Are you comfortable going out in public thus attired, or is that more of a private look?

Chris
Dale

Post by Dale »

Welcome Purecotton. Does that mean you don't wear wool or synthetics? I believe you will find this forum interesting, and helpful. I don't think I would have ever had the courage to go out in public if I had not found skirtcafe. I go everywhere in a skirt, how about you?
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Hi. Yes, I have been out before, but not anywhere near my wife, who frowns on this sort of thing if she can see it. When I am home alone, then she's quite happy with me dressing, if nobody else sees.
I have, and will continue to wear skirts out & about, but only to my not so local LGBT meetings which have been kind enough to let me have coffee with them. (Please note that I am straight, but this is the only place I can realistically go).
Why can I not wear skirts anywhere else? Well, I work with the younger generation & I suspect that the paranoid parents would make their children leave the group in droves & I'm not willing to risk that.

The reason for being purecotton is due to another brand of clothing which I'm not allowed to mention on this site (underwear).

I hope, someday, to have a small meeting at one small hostelry or another somewhere in Surrey, or other home county, with a group of like minded people. Perhaps there has been one already?

Happy Christmas
Purecotton
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

purecotton wrote:Hi. Yes, I have been out before, but not anywhere near my wife, who frowns on this sort of thing if she can see it. When I am home alone, then she's quite happy with me dressing, if nobody else sees.
This is one of the hopeful functions of SkirtCafe -- to encourage men that wearing skirted garments is a personal choice and that the decision to do so puts forth a rather forceful statement of, "I am confident in who I am, and I do not fear the herd mentality." I find the notion that your wife is quite happy with you "dressing" at home, but recoils from it if you decide to venture out the front door. Venturing out the front door is one of the things that this forum espouses and encourages. Not to put too sharp a point on the question but, "Are you a doll to be played with by your wife for her pleasure, and to be disciplined when your desires conflict with hers?"
I have, and will continue to wear skirts out & about, but only to my not so local LGBT meetings which have been kind enough to let me have coffee with them. (Please note that I am straight, but this is the only place I can realistically go).
This is also a fundamental tenet here -- that a man can be straight as an arrow and still wear skirted garments. So, to aver that the "only place" one can go is an LGBT venue is disingenuous at best, and wholly dismissive of wearing skired garments as a straight male at worst.
Why can I not wear skirts anywhere else? Well, I work with the younger generation & I suspect that the paranoid parents would make their children leave the group in droves & I'm not willing to risk that.
If this is a genuine concern with you, wear a kilt -- an unmistakably male garment, and even the most daft of onlookers get that. I'd not wear anything else in that situation myself -- for the same reason.
I hope, someday, to have a small meeting at one small hostelry or another somewhere in Surrey, or other home county, with a group of like minded people. Perhaps there has been one already?
Meetups happen from time to time, both small and large. I've personally met a few of the chaps from this community and hope to meet more. Not too long ago, six or so of the lads from Scotland arranged a decent-sized meet which, by all accounts, went swimmingly. There's a sub-forum here at SkirtCafe for positing precisely such things.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Purecotton! We > :thewave: :welcome: you!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/