Converted to wearing Skirt and Stockings

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Converted to wearing Skirt and Stockings

Post by knickerless »

I am a dedicated follower of stockings as well - I love the opaque one - difficult to get hold of in shops - but I have found them available on Ebay.

Nick
henri

Converted to wearing Skirt and Stockings

Post by henri »

Yes Nick, thanks for personal msg. The internet and e-bay are helpful for stockings, but having just purchased some very expensive italian Transparenze stockings, they are fine when I put them on, come right up and fit beautifully; after an hour of sitting down, getting in and out of the car, etc., they have slipped down almost to my knees and are pulling my suspender belt down. Were it not for the fact that on the advice of an experienced dressmaker, who herself had experienced the complete ensemble slipping down, agreed that my simple straps which go over my shoulders like a pair of minibraces were a practical solution, the whole lot would fall down. I have described these above in this thread. But I still have to go into the accessible or changing loo to sort my underwear out! Still the garments are comfortable,and the thought of wearing tights - panniee-hose as Marge Simpson says, simply appalls! As one of my sexier lady friends agreed, saying 'French women wear smelly Dim tights', so it seems do most Americans; she felt she had to wear stockings while she worked in the House of Commons once she got a responsible job as the Hansard Bulletin Editor. She was great fun to go clothes shopping with too.