Newly Skirted in New Mexico

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Dale

Newly Skirted in New Mexico

Post by Dale »

Good day. I am both newly skirted, and new to any type of on-line forum. I must confess that I don't understand much of the nomenclature used here, and have never used any kind of messaging other than e-mail. Although I have used e-mail since 1972, so if I seem a bit awkward, please help. OK, so much for the disclaimer.

A few weeks ago a lady I know convinced, or perhaps I should say nagged me into wearing a skirt to a Halloween party. I am hooked. I have never worn a garment that is this comfortable in my life. I am glad I let her talk me into it. It is too bad she had to leave the area soon afterward, I know she would be surprised about how this turned out. I have since gone down to some of the local thrift stores and purchased several skirts of my own. At least as far as at home, I no longer wear pants at all, just the skirts, even outside. I do not have the guts to wear them into town yet, but I am trying to work up the courage to do so soon. I live in a fairly conservative region of New Mexico, so I have no idea how this will ultimately play out. Lots of cowboys here.

It is a shame that if a guy puts on a skirt, they think him a drag queen, or gay. I am not trying to look female, I am a man. I have just substituted the skirt for trousers, nothing more. I otherwise dress as I normally would, and don't plan on changing anything else. The skirt is comfortable, and not having that annoying seem from the crouch of the trousers is a very welcome relief.

I am single, heterosexual, never been married, but I once was attached to a wonderful woman for 10 years. Now it is just myself and my cats. Looking forward to getting to know more folks that feel that a skirt is an acceptable garment for men. Women have been wearing pants, it is high time for men to wear the skirt, turn about is fair play.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Newly Skirted in New Mexico

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, sir. The nomenclature will soon become second nature to you, just read through some of the existing posts to get hints about it.

Most of all, welcome to the wonderful world of comfort that skirts can offer! Bravo both to your lady friend who pushed you and to you yourself not only for rising to the occasion, but for "getting it" that skirts may well be some of the most comfortable garments known to man (albeit infrequently worn by "Western Man").
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Dale!!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

You had e-mail in 19-when? You were 20 years ahead of us mere mortals!

In deciding to wear skirts you are again ahead of the crowd. Welcome!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

A big welcome from me! I too am just a hetero man who has done the same as you have done - substitute a skirt for trousers. What's the big deal. (You have found as I have done that it is all in the mind)

I have been wearing skirts occasionally for a little over two years and have had no adverse comments about it. Au contraire, both men and women have commented favourably - even one lady said jealously, that I had better legs then her!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels