Greetings from Germany

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
marc4711

Greetings from Germany

Post by marc4711 »

Hi everyone,

I am a 36 y/o guy from Germany; just discovered this forum by searching Google.
I've worn skirts in the past, had a time (approx. 10 year ago) when I went out dressed as a girl, but left that part of my life behind me, including purging everything. The one thing I've learned though is that I don't want to limit myself to the clothing that "modern" society expects from a guy.
Since I've sewn my own skirt a few weeks back and bought a second one for winter time, I now need some advice from other "skirt wearers", that's why I am here... :D

Cheers,
Marc
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Greetings from Germany

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, Marc!
marc4711 wrote:Since I've sewn my own skirt a few weeks back and bought a second one for winter time, I now need some advice from other "skirt wearers", that's why I am here... :D
The best advice that this author can offer is to not compromise who you are when you put something on in the morning. Craft looks that are true to who you feel yourself to be and that do not stray into the realm of "costume". Wear things you can be confident in, no matter what resistance you might receive from onlookers.

In short, if you're not confident in what you're wearing it will show, and people will pick up on that. Ultimately, it comes down to "don't skulk around" -- be confident and proud with your choices. That will produce a very bright spot on others' RADARs.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings from Germany

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Marc,

What part of Germany do you hail from ? I spent all of eight years living and working there in the late eighties/early nineties, and would claim to know the place fairly well. Certainly it's the only 'foreign' country where I can converse easily with the Natives. That also goes for the Austrians, of course.

Only two weeks ago I returned form an enjoyable week's sailing and shanty-singing on the Ostsee with my old Shantychor from Nordenham. One of our elder members ran a frisseur establishment there for years named '4711'.

Welcome aboard, Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !