Scott from Phoenix

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
azhiker

Scott from Phoenix

Post by azhiker »

Hello and I just want to introduce myself. I am Scott from Phoenix, Arizona. I own a couple of women's skirts that I wear out every so often. I have a jean skirt and also a red skirt. I would love to meet others in the area that are into the skirt movement and would love to see skirt options for men as it is so comfortable to wear a skirt. Also would love to hear other ideas on options of skirts for men. I am not afraid to wear a skirt in public so anything recommended i would wear.
Milfmog

Re: Scott from Phoenix

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Scott,

Welcome to our little corner of the electric interweb thingy. Good to learn that you have the confidence to wear skirts in public. If it is not prying too much can you tell us (roughly) how old you are and whether you are married? What do your family and friends make of your clothing choices?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

Ian,

Sorry i just noticed your posting. I am 54 years old and have a son and a daughter. neither one of them knows about my skirt adventures. My wife is absolutely against it so I have to do it on my own. Anyone else in this situation?

Friends don't know about it either.

Scott
aavisual

Post by aavisual »

Howdy Scott from PHX, perhaps one of us will be the first to write about the other under the topic "sightings in the wild"... it's good to know I'm not the only one around here in our neck of the woods uh.. I mean Desert. ~Mike
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

aavisual,

Maybe we can get together and do a group skirt outing.

Scott
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Well we Scots can organise one even though we are spread far and wide round our big country. So surely you guys living in one little corner of your country can manage to do the same! I mean, Wikipedia says Scotland is 30,414 sq miles, but lil' old AZ is only ... hang on, I know you can't rely on Wikipedia, it's full of inaccuracies ... wait till I check that somewhere else ... no, that can't be right ...
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Scott from Az. I'm one of the ancient Americans here at 69 and to be 70 on 11/01/11 .You can display this in either direction as it's November 01, 1941/November 01, 2011. Been a member since 2004, been wearing MEN'S Skirts since 2005. (No matter what gender they were sewn for, if a man is wearing it, it's a man's skirt (except if by a CD, TV, DQ or other female impersonator) and vice versa). :faint: :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

Hello all,

Just purchased a skirt from cabelas and i am going to do a hike this afternoon to try it out. Cost was 21 usd and it is 18 inches in length. very light fabric, should be good for hiking in the desert
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

The columbia skirt worked out great. the only issue was that i was kind of climbing a mountain and there were times when the skirt would not be large enough for my stride. i had to hike it up a bit in those situations. so either a little more fabric in the skirt or a little shorter length. but it worked out real well otherwise. a lot of double take looks but no comments the whole hike.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Glad the skirt was a success. I have a hiking skirt which allows a pretty good stride - it let me get to the top of this mountain http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 4&start=15 . The path is not quite as steep as the photo might suggest, but it was pretty damp so there was a fair bit of jumping over boggy bits, with no restriction or exposing myself. You should see if you can find one. However mine has the same effect on passers-by as yours does!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Glad the skirt worked for you. I find anything that restricts my stride irritating, so I suspect I'd now be shortening the skirt or adding a split with a modesty insert to make a pleat.

In my experience, when hiking a kilt is near perfect in terms of not restricting movement and although it generates second glances they have been universally approving when part way up a hill. However, a kilt can be too hot in warm weather so I frequently substitute a lighter, non-pleated, wrap skirt of either kilt length or about four inches above the knee (the skirts are pictured here and here). These tend to get a little more reaction than the kilts, but are still well accepted. The only downside with the wraps is that they are more prone to wind lift than a heavy kilt, so hill tops in breezy conditions require me to keep my wits about me.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

azhiker wrote: I am 54 years old and have a son and a daughter. neither one of them knows about my skirt adventures. My wife is absolutely against it so I have to do it on my own. Anyone else in this situation?

Friends don't know about it either.

Scott
I am around the same age as you (57) and my wife detests the idea - she of course wears trousers! :shock: but my son is OK with it. When he was asked by my wife, "What do you think of this!" (meaning me in a skirt) he replied "Cool!" (bless his cotton sox!)

So I have to wear them on my own as well - pity really!

Spoke to him afterwards about it and he was fine and even made some suggestions on how to get the wife on "our" side.

Friends, other family members and work colleagues are not aware at the moment but I am considering breaking the news to some friends from curling or golf somtime this year.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

yes the next time i head to the course with my buddies i will wear my kilt. at least it is a start toward skirts. i have played one round of golf in my acrylikilt (19 inches length) and it was wonderful.
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

anyone see the halftime show of the superbowl? They had the guys in roman skirted outfits and the guy on the wire in some kind of tunic. it was cool to see the outfits on the men.