About me

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
klaatu

About me

Post by klaatu »

Hello fellow skirters. I have followed this board for years even back when Tom (rest his soul) was still around. I joined way back then and unfortunately, I don't remember the user name or password I used so I signed on as a new member. That likely has to do with the technical changes that have gone on since then.
I have been wearing skirts for years, off and on. I have been wearing them constantly now since I started working from home. I have posted a few pics of myself in various topics recently.
My wife is tolerant of my skirt wearing but she doesn't support it. She won't be seen in public with me in a skirt and I suspect that is because she gets more comments about it than I do. It seems that they would rather tell her their feelings about it than confront me directly. I do wear them in public and have not received any negative responses and again, I suspect that is because they don't want to confront me in a negative way.
At one time I considered myself a cross dresser but after trying to disguise myself as a woman, I realized that I can't. And why should I?? I am male. I like wearing skirts and, yes, dresses along with all of the other finery that we males are forbidden to wear. Why should social norms dictate my feelings of comfort. Years (well centuries) ago men wore skirts, dresses and lacey things. not to mention the powdered wigs and many more things now considered to be to feminine for us males. I say we take back our heritage, our rights to dress the way we like and enjoy the finery that we used to have. Why should the women have all of the fun??
So from now on I will present myself as a man. I will wear whatever I feel most comfortable in and wear it with pride. But I do hope that people will confront me with their comments so that I can explain why I wear what I wear. I want to tell them that it's a matter of choice on my part. I am the same no matter whether I am wearing pants, shorts, skirts or dresses. I AM ME. Take it or leave it.
Thank you for reading.
George
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: About me

Post by Since1982 »

The worst thing I ever had said to me about my skirt wearing was by a 20-something Policeman on a Bi-Cop-Cycle. He hollered at me as I went by him on my Harley I used to have, I turned to see what he wanted and he started with "HEY YOU!! I said, yes? and by the way, I'm not deaf. He retorted with "DON'T GET SMART WITH ME, I CAN ARREST YOU FOR WEARING CLOTHING OF THE OPPOSITE SEX! I stared at him for about a minute and decided to say: No, you can't! But, go ahead and try anyway.

Let me preface this with the fact I was wearing a Utilikilt, a T-shirt and biker boots. My hair was as long as it usually is, a mid back braid with shades and a headband.

Anyway he noticed how old I seemed to be and decided to call his Sgt. which of course he should have done before stopping me. I could hear his BOSS over the radio ask him, "Is the guy on the bike about 350 pounds and have blue eyes and blond hair?" "YES" To which the Sgt replied, "Apologise to him and let him go" Baby-Cop said "But but" Sgt said...you SURE you want to argue with me? OK Sir, and turning to me, "Ok, fella, you can go! Me: Not without my apology..Him: Ok Im sorry, happy now? Me: You're a lucky fellow, your SGT. knows me and knows I won't press charges if I'm apologised to.

By the way Sonny, If you get a demotion from Bicycle, what do you get next, Gutter watch??

And I motored away.. :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

klaatu wrote:Why should the women have all of the fun??
... So from now on I will present myself as a man. I will wear whatever I feel most comfortable in and wear it with pride. But I do hope that people will confront me with their comments so that I can explain why I wear what I wear. I want to tell them that it's a matter of choice on my part. I am the same no matter whether I am wearing pants, shorts, skirts or dresses. I AM ME. Take it or leave it.
Yeah! (where's the "fist raised in solidarity" smilie when we need it?)
Daryl...
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

:laff: there isn't one.... oh well
Kiltsr4guys

Post by Kiltsr4guys »

I wouldn't have had a problem in the first place because I do not answer to "HEY YOU!! but instead respond to .....excuse me sir
"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Daryl wrote:...where's the "fist raised in solidarity" smilie when we need it?
I didn't find a punching the air or raised fist smilie but these two seemed like they could be relevant:

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce