Greetings

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
markniklas

Greetings

Post by markniklas »

Hello every one,

I am new here in this forum...

I like fashion and beauty articles, and love to playing puzzle games...
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Greetings

Post by Since1982 »

Greetings. What kind of "fashion and beauty articles"?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

I smell a troll...

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Paul.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

ethelthefrog wrote:I smell a troll...

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Paul.
Me too, the style and grammar match a recent offender.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Big and Bashful wrote:[... T]he style and grammar match a recent offender.
Nope. This one came in from an IP address in Pakistan. Most of the historical trouble has come from a particular set of juvenile idiots in the UK.

The moderation team faces a bit of a conundrum in this regard. Outright "bot" registrations from compromised computers are fairly easily handled, but there seems to be a rather substantial "business" in "carbon-based" "bots" (i.e. humans who are paid measly sums for registering on forums for the point of spamming them). This is, from observed behaviour, most notorious in China (which is effectively black-holed from SkirtCafe now because of such matters), India, Pakistan, and the Philippines. The conundrum comes up when we get essentially "content-free" posts that do not violate any of the established guidelines and rules -- and in that case, there is sometimes no other option than for the mods to approve the posts.

Current policy is that newly-registered users must get a certain number of posts approved by the moderation team (the precise number of which will remain a mystery lest troublemakers game the system) before they're allowed to post unfettered. This is not something that anybody wanted to impose, but the level of trouble was getting to the point where it threatened to drown out the usual level of discourse on the forum.

So, the road remains rocky and there are chuck-holes all over the place, but this is the Internet, not the Autobahn. One has to expect the occasional crater; however, the moderation team here is second to none (Thanks, lads!!!) and more than capable of filling in even the largest of craters (so long as they're not large enough to cause mass extinctions).
Last edited by crfriend on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a few blunders
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Glad the team is on the case, we couldn't ask for a better service, I also hope this newbie is just that and doesn't detonate like the last two muppetsw.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I worry about ppl who post once and use the site for other reasons later. I hope I'm wrong. No response to my simple question as to what kinds of "fashion and beauty articles" he likes makes me worry. It was an innocent question with no response to anything by anyone so far. :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/