Hello - My introduction...

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
tiberius2209

Hello - My introduction...

Post by tiberius2209 »

Hello all members,

I'm a 44-year old male living in Bournemouth, Dorset and support the ambitions of men who like (or would like) to wear skirts. I've been doing it since I was a child, although my career-choice dictates that I should be seen as 'morally incorruptible', therefore I wear trousers most of the time. My skirt-wearing is reserved mainly for indoors, but occasionally when attending functions, which is when I select one of my kilts and the associated accoutrements. Though I am not Scottish as such, my mother and wife are, and they love to see me wearing my kilt.

I came across this forum whilst conducting some private research in egyptian, roman and greek male skirt designs, (I design and make my own outfits to wear around the house). After randomly reading some of the posts I sensed a connection with the purpose of this site and it assures me that there are like-minded people who share my views and opinions. I shall look forward to participating whenever I feel it necessary to do so.

(With regard to my username, it's one that my wife chose for me!)
In the 200,000 years that the humans of today have been evolving, men have spent over 99% of the time wearing skirts as the norm! 'Wear' are we going wrong?
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Hello - My introduction...

Post by crfriend »

Greetings Tiberius, and welcome!

I understand the conflict between professional status and a desire to wear stuff that's more comfortable than trousers, but also am an example of someone who has successfully made it over that hump and now wear skirts at work more often than trousers. I'm sure somebody would like to flog me for this assertion, but I have never seen any prohibition whatsoever on a non-Scot wearing a kilt. Not a one -- which is a good thing, mind, because kilts can look positively smashing!

Your method of arrival is interesting; the search terms you used online must have been "unique" to wind up with pointers to our little part of the world, and with that I shall repeat my welcome.

Cheers!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Tiberius :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: I'm just along the coast from you in Hampshire
tiberius2209

Post by tiberius2209 »

Hello Richard A,

Thank you for your welcome note. It's a small world isn't it?

Regards... Tiberius :sunny:
In the 200,000 years that the humans of today have been evolving, men have spent over 99% of the time wearing skirts as the norm! 'Wear' are we going wrong?
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Hi and welcome,

If you are at liberty, can you tell us your occupation. I completely understand your predicament. As Christian minister, I myself find it difficult to deal with some of the ignorances of confessed puritanical brethren. Although, I am strongly fundamental in my belief, I believe God has never condemed the skirt for men, rather this trouser tyranny concept is more man self righteousness. Men must wear pants, women wear skirt ideaology is ignorance. welcome to the site.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

I wonder when christians began wearing trousers under their robes. I'm sure they did not in the middle ages.

Martin
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Martin said:I wonder when christians began wearing trousers under their robes. I'm sure they did not in the middle ages.
But they did...anyone that rode a horse or burro at any time in the middle ages wore leggings or whatever they then called trousers ever since Roman times. The Vikings invented leather bifurcated leggings and the Romans took it as their own when they saw them during wars with the Vikings. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Lol, some of the most Holiest men never wore or owned a pair of pants :D
tiberius2209

Post by tiberius2209 »

skirts4men wrote:If you are at liberty, can you tell us your occupation.
Hello there - let's just say I teach for a living (electrical engineering as it happens). Re the comments about bifurcated vikings and romans, my theory is that they only did so as a response to the climates they were in. Back in the hot, sunny med it was back o skirts and bare legs :D :D :D (and sandals... without socks :!: )
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

SkirtRevolution wrote:Lol, some of the most Holiest men never wore or owned a pair of pants :D
And most of the holiest women. :wink:
Daryl...