Longest Lurker Breakes Cover

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Maverick

Longest Lurker Breakes Cover

Post by Maverick »

Hi guys I have been a reader here since December 2003 . I am a regular wearer of contempoary kilts which I make myself . I live in Surrey England and have traveled From Norway in Northern Europe to Jorden in the middle east wearing them with never a problem . I had the good fortune to bump into( Milfmog ) Ian a while ago and I must give him the credit for inspiring me to leave the haven of the potted Palm . As my computer skills improve I will endevour to post pictures .

Regards (Maverick) Martin
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Longest Lurker Breakes Cover

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Greetings Martin,

Good to see you breaking cover at last. I'm looking forward to a few pics of some of your kilts, if the others are as impressive as the one you were wearing when we met you may find a ready market for them...

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Maverick wrote:Hi guys I have been a reader here since December 2003.
Welcome aboard, Maverick/Martin! I've never seen anybody lurk so long, and I am happy that you decided to break cover! You've been here even longer than I have!
I am a regular wearer of contempoary kilts which I make myself . I live in Surrey England and have traveled From Norway in Northern Europe to Jorden in the middle east wearing them with never a problem .
That's excellent on all counts! I would not expect any problems in Europe, but it's good to know that contemporary kilts are well tolerated in the Middle East.

I hope you enjoy participating in the community here!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Hi and welcome, Maverick..I too was a long time lurker before finally joining in October of 2004. I'd been lurking since 2002 when the site was almost new. Thanks to this site, I went public in December of 2005 and have never looked back. I found early on that 99% of my worries about "what other people thought or might say" was in my imagination. My worst worries about punks beating me up was also in my mind. For every ONE untoward remark about my skirts, I've had hundreds of positive remarks, almost 90% from men AND their wives. The worst insults I've had about how I looked wearing a skirt were from members of this site and all of those were about my size or age. However, no adverse remarks for about 6 months now, so I can only hope that's over with. :faint:

Martin, :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Hi Skip Thanks for your welcome .You are so right ,most of our fears are totaly unfounded .I too Have mostly found great support in my passive connection with the cafe ,in the early days from Hammish who used to post regularly .I have seen faces appear and dissappear sometimes making me challenge my clothing choice .But through thick and thin you realise you have to be your own person.

Hello and Regards Martin
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Maverick and

:welcome:

I was a lurker too but fully joined the group in 1999-2000 back
when it was Tom's Cafe'. Many changes have taken place since
then, as I'm sure you're aware off.

It's great to see you post here and thus I again say,

:welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)