Why, Hello There! (New Member)

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Dans-le-Vent

Why, Hello There! (New Member)

Post by Dans-le-Vent »

I have always been an admirer of all things androgynous. In high school, I wore skirts on evenings out, get-togethers,etc. For Halloween, I crossdressed(completely) and loved every minute of it. So I guess I've been wearing skirts for quite awhile.
I came upon this site while trudging through the internet for information on skirts that are especially made for males;All the skirts I wear are from the Women's section at various thrift stores but then I got excited to hear rumors of male skirts being released from H&M and becoming a trend even.
It's so relieving to find that there are many other males who are tired of the same boring clothes as I'am.

Hope to find more information and of course, support on skirtcafe.
Uncle Al

Re: Why, Hello There! (New Member)

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Dans-le-vent and
:welcome:

Please tell us a bit about yourself, location,
age, marrital status, you know the 'usual stuff'.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I don't think it's androgeny unless you're wearing a skirt to look like a woman. Wearing a skirt for male comfort is just good sense. :D

Welcome to Skirt Cafe. :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Hello Dans-le-Vent,

Nice to see someone of a similar vein here. Though in high school I was unable to go skirted, but would have loved to. Instead I was made to wear blue jeans and t-shirts.

In college however, I wore leggings with tunic styled tops or sweaters daily, and skirts every now and then, and for clubbing a quite androgynous look, skirted or legginged. I attended a friend's wedding in a Chinese gown (on her request).

I hope you find what you want here.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Gmerc

Post by Gmerc »

Hi, Dans-le-Vent

Yep, there are other blokes (that probably tells you I'm English) who find the choice between grey suits & blue suits a narrow range - I grew up in the 70's which were a more colourful era - everything from hippies to punks plus a few others!

Anyway, good to see you here.

Graham