Introduction

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Introduction

Post by Mugs-n-such »

There is one place I know of that does sell skirts (not SKORTS! Yuck!) for men, and that is Macabi skirts. I'm sure if you google it you'll find it, they're not exactly cheap though, I think they're about $60 each, I don't know they might be more.
I was getting to the point where I was wearing a skirt all the time in public, then I had kind of a negative experince...in the place where I never thought I would too: in the nursing home where I had been for about 3 1/2 months after my scooter accident and where I wore a skirt more often than not. Anyway, after a patient kind of went off on me (thankfully he was in a wheelchair so he couldn't hurt me) I kinda toned it down. I (procrastinating me) still haven't got a proper kilt yet, when I do I'll probably wear it all the time. I did go to the Perks coffee house about 3 blocks from where I live and wore a straight, navy blue skirt with-yippee-POCKETS! I don't think anyone noticed that much, I will attest that it seems like the cashiers treat me more friendlily? friendly? when wearing a skirt. I wore it pretty much all day, but I wasn't out much either, then I got home and changed into my sleep skirt, a black a-line with no pockets. Well, if women aren't going to wear skirts, I hope more men start wearing them so a good garment won't go the way of the dodo bird. :D
Last edited by Mugs-n-such on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gmerc

Post by Gmerc »

Hi Mugs & other visitors

Thanks for the hint - I'll check them out later. Sorry to hear about your bad experience - couldn't have been fun.

Unlike you I have yet to make it outside but it is on 2011's 'to do' list. The skirt I bought yesterday does have those wonderful devices called pockets. What I totally forgot to factor into my thinking was that they would be in different places from the ones on my jeans & trousers - took me 5 minutes to stop laughing at myself! Well, they do say life is a journey & that one should learn something new everyday - even if it's only about pocket placement!

Graham
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Google Macabi (spelt correctly). they have enormous pockets plus other neat little tricks for making them versatile.
I also use Midas clothing, I love their cargo skirts, 6 good pockets and a fly. I have got them to make them for me in lengths from 20" (a bit too short on me) to 40" which is ankle/floor length. They also do many other styles. UK made in Manchester well made but you pay for the quality.
http://www.denimskirts.com also have a good range, which are for women but fit me well, fly is correct side as well, their pockets are a bit small, but they are still useful enough.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Gmerc

Post by Gmerc »

I don't know where you all live or in what time zone but

HAPPY NEW YEAR & EVERY BLESSING FOR 2011

May your kilting & skirting be accepted & ever more fun!
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Hi,

I am new here. Like you I am a Christian and very fundamental in my beliefs. I have written more about myself in my introduction. The more I study the Bible, history and other cultures I see that God has never condemd men wearing skirts. I would love to chat more and hear about your story and visa versa. God Bless