newcomer

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
faith

newcomer

Post by faith »

Hey everyone, [url=http://www.-chacha.com/category/name-etymology]my name[/url] is Jaden Lee and I'm new n this forum. Talking about my introduction, I live in Toronto, Canada. And I'm a call center manager. Actually I want to become a great fashion designer but I cant due to financial problem. Anyways, hope we all have a great time in this forum.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: newcomer

Post by crfriend »

faith wrote:I live in Toronto, Canada. And I'm a call center manager.
But posting from an IP address in Nepal?

Let's see: 27.111.18.2

>. whois -h whois.apnic.net 27.111.18.2
% [whois.apnic.net node-3]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 27.111.16.0 - 27.111.31.255
netname: MC-NP
descr: Mercantile Communications Pvt Ltd
descr: PO Box 876
descr: Durbar Marg
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: :welcome: Faith, I'm assuming you're female, correct? We love females that like skirted men. Good to have another one here. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Does our esteemed administrator smell a large rodent? If so I can understand that, an IP address that is inconsistent with the claimed address and a link in the post (broken) that seems to have little to do with the subject of this board.

My first reaction would be that this is a spammer testing whether (s)he could post here and insert his links. Perhaps Faith will post here again and prove me wrong; I won't hold my breath.

Good catch on the IP address Carl.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS: Why does the user name "Faith" display in purple rather than the black of all the other mere mortals here?
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:Does our esteemed administrator smell a large rodent? If so I can understand that, an IP address that is inconsistent with the claimed address and a link in the post (broken) that seems to have little to do with the subject of this board.
A capibara-sized rodent! I broke the link by adding a hyphen to it; 'twas junk.
My first reaction would be that this is a spammer testing whether (s)he could post here and insert his links. Perhaps Faith will post here again and prove me wrong; I won't hold my breath.
In my estimation, the probability of this being a spammer approaces unity. It seems I put too much "faith" in the new software tools at hand and approved a message without first checking all the details. (Bad admin! No doughnut for you!)
PS: Why does the user name "Faith" display in purple rather than the black of all the other mere mortals here?
The purple denotes that the user is "newly registered"; users in that state are automatically placed into the moderation queue (which means that an admin or a moderator must manually approve any submitted posts) until they're made a configurable number of posts that have been approved (it's three at the moment) at which time they automatically become regular users.

What happened above is that in the preview window for the moderation queue the link didn't show up and the text was reasonable enough to throw me off the scent.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

Faith, sorry to hear about your financial problems. Is there any way we can help you? :alien:
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the update Carl. I had noticed the purple once before, but never got around to asking about it. Was this part of the upgrade you implemented last weekend?
owen wrote:Faith, sorry to hear about your financial problems. Is there any way we can help you? :alien:
Owen, just post your bank account number, account name, sort code... :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Oh, and Owen, We all need your Pin no. as well !.....forgot to ask! :lol: :)
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:Thanks for the update Carl. I had noticed the purple once before, but never got around to asking about it. Was this part of the upgrade you implemented last weekend?
Yes, it was. The notion of putting newly-registered users into a special group is new and I was hoping that it'd cut down on some of the spamming behaviours, both carbon- and silocon- based, we've been seeing. Of course the admin fluffs the first instance he sees....
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Well I guess no "Welcome to Skirt Cafe" for him. *sigh*
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:...I was hoping that it'd cut down on some of the spamming behaviours, both carbon- and silocon- based, we've been seeing. Of course the admin fluffs the first instance he sees....
After a perfect upgrade it's good to remind us that you are human too :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

mugs-n-such said: Well I guess no "Welcome to Skirt Cafe" for him. *sigh*
I guess the Powers behind the throne didn't have much "faith" in Faith. My bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Since1982 wrote:I guess the Powers behind the throne didn't have much "faith" in Faith. My bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad. :faint:
Your bad? No, I don't think so. Honest people tend to assume others will also be honest, until something suggests otherwise. Had Carl not spotted the IP address I would probably not have had any suspicions (although the irrelevant link might have been a bit of a red flag had I bothered to check it). So don't run yourself down Skip, being welcoming is not a bad thing.

Have fun,

Ian.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Since1982 wrote:
mugs-n-such said: Well I guess no "Welcome to Skirt Cafe" for him. *sigh*
I guess the Powers behind the throne didn't have much "faith" in Faith. My bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad, my bad. :faint:
I agree with Milfmog...not really bad at all. Especially since you made me smile, especially the "thud" part. :lol:
And besides, it gives me something to go on about. Not really drunk right now, but probably getting there (= a bit tipsy). :P :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :?
Really covered all the bases there, didn't I? :D (Maybe somebody ought to stop me, I'm having WAY too much fun.) :alien:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

I've not clicked on any link I didn't know for sure was good since I clicked on a skirts for men site last year and got an Exploit Trojan Virus that shut down my computer and ruined my Microsoft XP Pro making me buy a new OPS ending up with the Vista I now have. Before that, I got a less dangerous virus clicking on a site inside "Ima Dube"s blog. That was fixable just by going into F12 and deleting it.

I've gotten at least 14 Exploit Trojans picked up by AVG since that, but since I was told to not click anything on them to get rid of them, 'cause thats just another entry. I now reboot and that works...