greetings all from northern Indiana

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

a few skirts

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Pleated skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

a few skirts old blue

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Old blue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uncle Al

Re: greetings all from northern Indiana

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Mishawakaskirt,

2 points of observation for you,
1) The blue with red/white hem is - to me - not you. It is quite jarring to the eye.
2) Since this portion of the forum is "Open to the public", you may want to start a
thread in the 'Pic's-n-Looks' section.
The P & L section is open ONLY TO QUALIFIED MEMBERS - NOT THE PUBLIC.

Again, these 'points' are my opinion and suggestions.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote:2) Since this portion of the forum is "Open to the public", you may want to start a
thread in the 'Pic's-n-Looks' section.
The P & L section is open ONLY TO QUALIFIED MEMBERS - NOT THE PUBLIC.
True, but you still have to be logged in and I assume a member in good standing to view attachments. I Just checked this thread from a browser I'm not logged into and it says "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

But, the point is well taken. Pics and Looks would make more sense as other members will visit that board for the latest in member looks. Most people don't check introductions seeking photos. I know I don't check this particular board often.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I always click o the "View unread posts" and that brings up all the threads that are new whichever category they are in. Of course a newbie would be overwhelmed if they did that.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:I always click o the "View unread posts" and that brings up all the threads that are new whichever category they are in. Of course a newbie would be overwhelmed if they did that.
Sometimes even us members can be overwhelmed if we miss a day or two. I use that button all of the time and have had as many as 20 separate posts show up and then you have to check to see when the last date you where on and start reading from there. So it would mean you have as many as 100 actual posts to read before you are caught up.

My eyes hurt!! :shock:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Love the tan skirt !!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mishawakaskirt,

Being a total sartorial snob I'd sincerely recommend the judicious use of a Steam Iron to remove the crumples before wearing/photographing skirts.

They do look so much nicer smooth. :idea:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Two milestones.

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Call me a touch sentimental. This thread is where it all started.
This post marks my 200th post here at the café. It is also been exactly two years and seven months since I joined on September 16th 2015. Many thanks to the creators and those who have maintained this site. I enjoy being a part of this community. May there be many more posts and years here for all of us.

MS

Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Hello an welcome from Tennessee where it was snowing this morning! This forum is the place to be. There are friendships to be made and good conversations to be had.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Indeed, this website seems to be the only sane place to hang out on the internet.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well either we are sane and the rest of the world is mad or vice versa. In any case I join the rest of you, sane or not.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

4 year anniversary at SC

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Today marks my 4th year on the cafe!!!!
I joined September 16 2015.
How time flies!!!
This also is my 355th post.

I never imagined I'd be where I am at today.
I have joined other sites over the years, and quickly lost interest after a few visits. Or was turned off by disgusting behavior or comments made by other members so I left. Not so here at the SC. While there are some differences between some of us at times, we still get along at the end of the day.
I consider a good number of you as friends.

I enjoy the humor and jokes , the stories of skirting adventures. About our trials of life, in family, work, and health, and our great victories, and aha moments.

While I may never be a full time public skirter.
I have advanced some in 4 years.

I now can go into a store pick out a skirt and go to changing room and try it on.
I started wearing skirts while traveling in the car on trips (I got that idea from here)
Me and my wife have had some good discussion, while she doesn't accept my skirts she accepts my kilts most of the time. The fact I no longer keep it a secret from her is a improvement.
This year I have worn my denim half skorts out several times in public. (Unthinkable even a year or two ago) a skirt in very secluded public.
I now own more skirts than pants.
I feel less alone knowing that I am not the only man that is struggling with skirt wearing (well the people around us are the ones that struggle with it)

Thanks for 4 good years here at the SC.
To many more.

mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I feel like this thread is sort of my home base on personal related stuff

So I'm making a post.
I sitting next a camp fire contemplating the deep meanings of life. Actually just chilling and relaxing.
I realized I have been here at the cafe for 7 years and two days. Here's to anniversaries and milestones.
This is my 612 th post to the cafe.

I've said it before and I ll say it again, I'm glad I found this web site. I'm Glad it's here and we are here.

Thank you for a great seven years of skirting.

TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Welcome to the forum from a very casual and adhoc participating member.

Good luck ongoing. The thought and first move is difficult but having been there myself, it is easy looking back.

Some public will not accept but majority of those keep it to themselves. After all, nobody is perfect in the eyes of another. The vast and over whelming society are embracing and or just accept and get on with life.

I am a man who invades the female wardrobe, no heels or make up and very active skirted in all aspects of life. A more masculine style you prefer will make it even easier.

Good luck. Take the public step, you will find it rewarding and confidence building.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.