woman within

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
NH Dan

woman within

Post by NH Dan »

I have gotten a number of skirts from Woman Within and enjoy the fit and the price. I can't help but feel that they know that are dealing with a male customers as well as a female customers just from their name alone---but there was a message on one of their catalogues that vaguely referenced shopping for your spouse that I can no longer find. If I do come up with it I will reply.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: woman within

Post by r.m.anderson »

NH Dan wrote:I have gotten a number of skirts from Woman Within and enjoy the fit and the price. I can't help but feel that they know that are dealing with a male customers as well as a female customers just from their name alone---but there was a message on one of their catalogues that vaguely referenced shopping for your spouse that I can no longer find. If I do come up with it I will reply.
Don't short sell the factor that the spouse could be of the same sex (marriage) - spouse not always being male !

At times it would seem that the inventory of clothing at Woman Within is the same as Lane Bryant; Catherines and even Newport News.
Whatever as long as you can get something that fits and looks well "Skirt-On" !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: woman within

Post by crfriend »

Another thing worth recalling is that businesses exist to make money. Chasing customers away -- for whatever reason -- inhibits that activity. Ergo, smart businesses don't question customers and go out of their way to be helpful.

Now, in our particular case, there may not be much any particular retailer can do about the sizing issue. Face it, 99.9+% of skirts made today are manufactured for women; we're oddballs. But, this creates opportunities for the businesses with a bit of creativity (which, largely, isn't many). Frequent those, and make mention of them when queried on the matter. Word travels, believe it or not.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!