Sportkilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
shawnk

Sportkilt

Post by shawnk »

I am considering a purchase from them. I think I like their women's sport or hiking kilt over the men's counterpart. Other than length it's not evident from their website what are the differences between the women's and men's versions. Does anyone have expereince with these products and could address this question?

Thanks!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sportkilt

Post by Big and Bashful »

I would guess at a dfferent cut between waist and hip and the front bib/flappy bit may open to the other side, only a guess, not from actual experience of them.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

No difference in style or cut - opening for the most part is Velcro and always unless special ordered on the men's right !
Customary length for a man 6 foot tall is 24 inches (measured when kneeling from the knee on the floor to the navel)
for shorter blokes this can be much less but rarely less than 20 inches unless special ordered.
Special orders from stock kilts have a modest surcharge.
Go to their website - the hem length can vary upward from there to whatever you special order. 10-24 inches on website.
10 inches Ultra Mini-Kilt - 16 inches Mini-Kilt - 20-24 inches standard kilt.
The full enchilada kilt runs around $150 and has straps at the waist for fastening instead of the Velcro.

The only critical measurement with Sport Kilts is the waist - since the closing/fastening is by Velcro an adjustment can
be made up to about 4 inches. Getting it too small and it doesn't look right the aprons don't overlap correctly.
Too Large and it becomes a wrap skirt of sorts and the closing side has too much apron material hanging loose.
Questions about the fitting email them for making a small adjustment in the waist for a custom fit. May be a surcharge ?
Most of the Sport Kilt stock is already made for instant sale and shipment.

I have 2 ultra mini kilts at 12 inches worn with leggings or tights mostly for winter wear
Also 3 16 inch lace pleated kilts for seasonal summer wear (really very cool and airy)
4 16 inch tartan kilts for everyday wear
1 19 inch special order box pleated team kilt.

I can highly recommend and rave about the Sport Kilt line - the kilts are easy to maintain; wear well and are attractive looking
also very inexpensive a great deal of bang for the buck.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
danielobvt

Post by danielobvt »

No difference between the men's and women's line (interesting quirk is that if you want a shorter kilt (since I like it just above the knee and wear at normal pant's waist as oppose to belly-button waist) it is cheaper to buy the women's. Like 20 bucks cheaper.....

I am looking forward to giving my new running kilt that they just added to their line a try. I got the woman's version as well since I wear it at the pant's waist and it is the same length as all my running shorts (without the awkward sweat and chaffing).
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I've just had delivery of two Sportkilts, one male, the other female. The female one wraps on the 'male' side and I ordered a 20", Max length offered. The male kilt is standard length, 22.5" and is above my knees which I personally like'

I've only pictured the mens' McKensie one to date.

Tom
spk6Rs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:I've just had delivery of two Sportkilts, one male, the other female. The female one wraps on the 'male' side and I ordered a 20", Max length offered. The male kilt is standard length, 22.5" and is above my knees which I personally like'

I've only pictured the mens' McKensie one to date...]
Good look, Tom.

I have a Sportkilt that's tended to pill up. Sp I'd be interested to know, after a while, whether you find the same thing.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Not sure quite what you mean by 'pill up', Coultron.

My 'kilt-on-fire' from Sportkilt is 5 years old, admittedly not often worn, but looks OK still. The velcro is a gift. !

Tom
KoF1Rs.jpg
KoF2Rs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Pilling up means that with wear, a smooth fabric develops little balls of material clinging onto the garment.

I think it comes from threads breaking, curling up, and then tangling.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I absolutely love both of your Kilts. I have been talking to my husband Moon about getting himself one and trying it out. I have always admired guys who wear Kilts and have been interested in the looks of Kilts for as long as I can remember. They have a good style about them. Which sites do you guys use to order from?
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

JennC03 wrote:I absolutely love both of your Kilts. I have been talking to my husband Moon about getting himself one and trying it out. I have always admired guys who wear Kilts and have been interested in the looks of Kilts for as long as I can remember. They have a good style about them. Which sites do you guys use to order from?
I order directly from this site:

https://sportkilt.com/

I have an account on file and everything is A-OK with no problem !
Sport Kilt is located in Long Beach California USA.
For payment they take major Credit Cards and Paypal.
There after SK offers sales discounts from time to time.
Orders greater than $150 are shipped postage free * foreign counties-not sure ?

They have kilts for men women and the wee ones that are oh so cute.
Accessories - socks sporrans belts & buckles etc.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Slight addition to 'topic' name - Alternate source for kilts

I get my 'standard' kilts from http://www.stillwaterkilts.com and are
reasonably priced. The also offer economy kilts for lower prices.
Great service :!: Made-in-America Kilts. :kiltdance: Machine washable but,
from personal experience, I recommend hang drying from skirt hangers.

My $.02 worth ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Saved both sites. Thanks I was looking at the sites am impressed. Can't wait to order some :)
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

BLACK FRIDAY SPORT KILT SHOPPING ALERT !

LINK: http://www.SportKilt.com

Black Friday Sales event* - Take 15% off of your order and FREE S&H (presumably to the USA only)
*Event only happens once a year.

USE code BLKF15

Sales event valid until when Cinderella's coach turns into a pumpkin - Midnight PST December 2.

Usual savings events - 10% off sales - Free Shipping & Handling (normally Free at $150) these two not combinable
so don't miss out on this one !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

After a long Winter and an even longer wet dull Spring the place has just exploded into blossom & leaf, weeks later than normal, with the temp. at last into the low 20s C.

Handiest unbifurcated wear by far is the Sportkilt which velcros itself on in seconds. I took the dogs for a walk on the moor so attired this morning, but didn't bring the camera & the tripod out there, needless to say.

A few pics taken in the garden before....

Tom

Both the vertical pics uploaded horizontal. I don't know how the rectify that. T.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Nice style, Tom. And I was about to say you do remarkably well walking on those extreme slopes. :D I think you need to edit (rotate) the picture in another program, like Paint, maybe, and save it under a new file name. Then it should load upright.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...