A Lidl help in the UK

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Maverick

A Lidl help in the UK

Post by Maverick »

For those of you interested in buying a traditional 8 yard Kilt Lidl are offering Hamilton Grey Tarten or Black watch for under £30.00 they are truly excellent value My wife bought me one yesterday .Even better news is that they are flying of the rack.I know Burns night approaches but it would appear their are far more guys out there prepared to cross from the dark side. I :D was also treated to a guille shirt at the same time £10.00

Regards Martin
oldnick2

Re: A Lidl help in the UK

Post by oldnick2 »

My wife doesn't approve my kilt wearing and wouldn't buy me one, but she mentioned the Lidl offer and I treated myself to a Hamilton Grey kilt, good value for money - just one drawback, I bought a larger size to allow for Christmas over indulgence and the size was too generous, took it back but could only get a refund as they were sold out by the next day! bagged a couple of pairs of kilts socks though :)

will be looking out for fellow kilters in my area :kiltdance:
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Can you supply a Web link? I'd like to buy one.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Miket

Post by Miket »

Sadly, for you, LGG, Lidl do not do on-line sales at all. It is simply a case of being there, at the store, and buying before they run out.
Luckily I have a Lidl as my next-door-neighbour -literally my local corner-shop. I have seen the kilts (from Gold Bros, I think) and they look good. Only 2 tartans Hamilton Grey and Black Watch.

The kilts don't appear on the website.

I ope there may be a 36-38 Hamilton Grey left tomorrow when I go round to do some shopping! Then I will have to find a way to explain my purchase to MOH!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

A friend has just visited me wearing his newly-purchased Lidl kilt, they are extremely smart.

We went on a tour of the local charity shops, him in a kilt and me in a denim mid-calf length skirt. There were no adverse comments - in fact, there were no comments at all.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

A couple of months ago when Lidls had the kilts on sale, they had plenty of 28-30 and 36-38. I tried on the bigger size but it was too big. Unfortunately they had no 32-34 left which suits me better. I will just have to find out when they are nexy on sale and get there early.

I have a tailor made kilt which I got over 20 years ago which is heavy because its woolen but I would like a modern polyester kilt which is much lighter.
Wee Scottie Dog
Tisch

Post by Tisch »

I cant believe the quality of these things....no idea how they've managed to offer these for so cheap.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Tisch wrote:I cant believe the quality of these things....no idea how they've managed to offer these for so cheap.
Ever heard of the expression "To Die For" - maybe that will offer the explanation ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Tisch

Post by Tisch »

LOL!