New Sport Kilt!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
danielobvt

New Sport Kilt!

Post by danielobvt »

And I picked one up for my lovely little daughter as well (she loves twirling around in it and dancing with Daddy). Ironically the person least likely to be wearing un-bifurcated garments in my house? My wife...
love my new one as it has pockets (not sure what possessed me to not order pockets in the first sportkilt I bought).
kilted.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Sport Kilt!

Post by skirtingtoday »

Looks great on you! 8)

Hope you have a lot of fun with it!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

skirtingtoday wrote:Looks great on you! 8)

Hope you have a lot of fun with it!
I'll second that !

John
Destiny Store Kilts

Post by Destiny Store Kilts »

Both are looking awesome in Kilts.
danielobvt

Post by danielobvt »

I normally wear 5.11 TD Kilts and since they seem to bear a resemblance to shorts no one takes note. Was out last night in this with my wife and kid (taking a walk around the block) and some smart ass older woman remarks "Nice Skirt".
I just replied that it was a kilt.. (was more focused on other things than able to come up with a smart ass reply). Really I think it is that some women don't want to share the fun of wearing unbiforkated garments with the male half of society.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It's called having their cake and eating it too. Sometimes I wonder if it's jealously guarding the social acceptance of the privilege of wearing whatever style they wish, or if it actually still reflects inherent low esteem of their own sex. Or just old-school gender bigotry based on faulty assumptions. Sad, whichever way.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

So here's this woman, 100% accepting, and even paying you a compliment, and you're criticizing her for not using the exact words as you wanted?

It seems to,me that, "Oh thanks, it's a kilt, have a nice day," would've done just fine.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I'm with you Caultron.

The best response to a "nice skirt" comment is simply "Thank you" and a big smile.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

TBH, I've had men say nice skirt to me while I was wearing a kilt. They are just trying to get your attention by whatever means!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

You'll always meet people, calling a kilt a skirt. Even if they like it/like you wearing it. Some even call it a dress.

If people say "nice skirt" to me, and it seems to me, they are positive and mean to be frindly, I simply thank them. Why be rude in any way? After all the kilt is just a special kind of skirt, like a Chevrolet is also a car (brand).
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I have also had many people call a skirt a kilt. It is simply a measure of the fact that they are unused to seeing men in skirts and simply don't know what to call it. In most cases when my skirts have been called kilts I believe that was an attempt to avoid offending me.

I firmly believe that any compliment should be accepted graciously, even if you suspect it is meant to be sarcastic. If they were being nice it is appropriate to accept that. If they were trying to be snide, a pleasant reply will wrong foot them. Either way, being happy and friendly works in your favour.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sunday morning in town, young guy remarked "nice kilt weather", he was American, I'd guess possibly southernish.
Anyway, the skirt I had on looked nothing like a kilt and I almost started to correct him and stopped.
I bade him welcome to our fair city, shook hands on it and went on our way.
Every kilt is a skirt, just not that every skirt is a kilt.
Steve.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

Well, Steve, I'd say you made the right choice. Kilt or not, his comment was still accurate, unless you'd argue with his interpetation of the weather. There's no telling if he might even have thought it a skirt proper that you were wearing and deliberately chose a comment that was true and sidestepped any possible offense. Then again a member of the kilt police might have taken offense at the implication that a skirt was, in fact, a kilt.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
danielobvt

Post by danielobvt »

Yeah, I probably will go with "thanks, I thought it was a nice kilt too" in the future. My nature is to correct someone when they are wrong, not my best nature but, at 40 years, I don't see much of a course change there.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

You should never consider yourself too old to change.
I've got nearly twenty years on you, I learnt the hard way.
Steve.