New Sport Kilt!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Sport Kilt!

Post by dillon »

As Daniel described it, it sounded like she was giving him sarcasm, though none of us were there.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

dillon wrote:As Daniel described it, it sounded like she was giving him sarcasm, though none of us were there.
Agreed and that may well be exactly how it was intended. However, as I have already noted, sarcasm falls flat on its' face when it is not recognised as such, but is simply accepted as a sincere compliment.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:However, as I have already noted, sarcasm falls flat on its' face when it is not recognised as such, but is simply accepted as a sincere compliment.
Indeed, and deliberately dismissing the sarcasm puts the detractor on the back foot and gives you the advantage. Sometimes it pays to take said advantage.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I had the very opposite last night in the pub. I spent a good ten minutes of convivial conversation convincing someone that my skirt was not a kilt.
This was from a definite "Aberdonian". We would never have had that chat had I been properly kilted or trousered.
Great fun all round.
Steve.