UTKilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

UTKilt

Post by beachlion »

My wife showed some interest in men in kilts and asked me how it would fit me. After some surfing I found a reasonable kilt to start with. I was planning to make one myself but I had than to explain the purchase of a sewing machine. So an UTKilt for $50 seemed to me a nice starting point. After I ordered, I found some reviews that were not very positive. If it was that bad, I always could use it for woodworking.
This morning, the kilt arrived in the mail and I went to my room to put it on. It was a size 36 and it should have been something between 35 and 36. With a belt it fitted perfectly, the waist was slightly loose but around my hips it felt perfect. The hem was on my knees but I like them shorter. I like to show more leg and my wife and her friends agree to that.
The quality of fabrication looks good to me and the fabric flows nicely around my legs.
P8300008q.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: UTKilt

Post by Caultron »

I've bought a couple of these and for $50 I always thought they were a pretty good value. They're not made as well as the $250 made-by-hand-in-America kilts but for 1/5 the price you can replace them more often. And because they're shipped from stock, you can always return them for a different size.

I once brought a couple of 5.11 Tactical kilts to a local tailor to have the waists resized, and I asked about having them shortened as well. I don't recall the exact estimate but I think it was around $25 each for the shortening.

And BTW, they didn't bat an eye about working on a kilt, nor at me dressed in one.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: UTKilt

Post by melsav »

Looks like a very nice Kilt and looks good on you. :)