Pic of Beauty and the Kilted Beast

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Max Caswell

Pic of Beauty and the Kilted Beast

Post by Max Caswell »

taos kilt1.jpg
Here's one of Beauty and the Beast. We went down to Taos, New Mexico last week for a great day and, of all things, dining at a top Italian restaurant. Also bumped into a shop owner who used to sell Utilikilts. The town was celebrating Santa Ana, New Mexico having formerly been part of Old Mexico.

Notice how the young beauty is holding the kilted lad close to her. It seems that kilted men snag the babes, fer sher. Yes, those are the bare feet God gave me, just as the day I was born. Out here in the land of goats head thorns and cholla cactus.

In Taos, we met a grand dame who had a story of traveling to Scotland and having three fittings for her custom kilt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hello all from the highlands of the San Luis Valley, Colorado
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Re: Pic of Beauty and the Kilted Beast

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

Max Caswell wrote: Yes, those are the bare feet God gave me, just as the day I was born. Out here in the land of goats head thorns and cholla cactus.
Excellent choice in (lack of) footwear, Max!
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
Max Caswell

Post by Max Caswell »

MrNaturalAZ wrote: Excellent choice in (lack of) footwear, Max!
I went barefoot back in April, it's really helped my back on which I've had several surgeries. I stand differently and don't pound down when I walk, knees are now naturally bent, legs at hips bent, and I place my foot on the ground rather than pounding heel first. I don't even think about it, just happens from going barefoot.

Also is the cure for plantar fasciitis, from what I've read.
Hello all from the highlands of the San Luis Valley, Colorado
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

Max Caswell wrote:
MrNaturalAZ wrote: Excellent choice in (lack of) footwear, Max!
I went barefoot back in April, it's really helped my back on which I've had several surgeries. I stand differently and don't pound down when I walk, knees are now naturally bent, legs at hips bent, and I place my foot on the ground rather than pounding heel first. I don't even think about it, just happens from going barefoot.

Also is the cure for plantar fasciitis, from what I've read.
Excellent! I'd always wondered why, of all the creatures on this planet, we were the only ones born with inadequate feet that require artificial man-made accessories in order to function. Of course I eventually learned that we don't - people had merely managed to convince themselves (no doubt with plenty of help from footwear manufacturers and the fashion community) that shoes are a necessary part of the human "uniform". Shoes are no more necessary for humans than pants are for men.

Forgive the shameless plug, but perhaps you might be interested in my forum for barefooters.
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Nice pic, Max!
Max Caswell wrote: "...We went down to Taos, New Mexico last week for a great day and, of all things, dining at a top Italian restaurant. Also bumped into a shop owner who used to sell Utilikilts. The town was celebrating Santa Ana, New Mexico having formerly been part of Old Mexico..."
My parents used to live in Albuquerque [ABQ] and when I'd visit them, we'd go to Taos and Santa Fe quite often. Taos is cool!

I remember one time when I wore my khaki Utilikilt around ABQ, before leaving the house, my dad said, "You're not gonna wear THAT thing, are you?" I just smiled and said, "Yep!" He didn't really care for it. That's ok... he wasn't the one wearing it! :)
Max Caswell wrote:...Yes, those are the bare feet God gave me, just as the day I was born. Out here in the land of goats head thorns and cholla cactus..."
I also go barefoot as much as I can... around the house [always], driving, hiking, and just out and about. Not quite up to being barefoot with the the goat head thorns, though! I had my share of cactus when I lived in Tucson... ouch!

--Rick
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I am usually barefoot at home, and in Chacos, Keens, or flip-flops when out, in the summer. When my feet get cold I like gray woolen socks, occasionally, in winter, ballet slippers, and various brands of clogs, open- and closed-back. In other minor news, i
Had a coupon from 6pm.com so I ordered a Merrell Iris Maxi skirt. If USPS operates as wonderfully efficiently as they have been, I should have it by Saturday. They are beating the pants off UPS in delivery speed now; a real reversal from past years.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...