Cheapo Ebay St. Patricks Kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Max Caswell

Cheapo Ebay St. Patricks Kilt

Post by Max Caswell »

Gonna wear it to the Monte Vista Roundup today, which is a cowboy event here in the San Luis Valley. I did a little sewing, etc. It's not traditional but it sure is light, like a great sports kilt. I got the 65/35 poly cotton. No pics, but here's the idea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gentlemans-Kilt ... 1c43aa563a

Also, am bidding on an Irish Bouzouki to play in the Bluegrass band. Grabbing on to all my roots, redneck style.

Have a great day, folks
Hello all from the highlands of the San Luis Valley, Colorado
mikel

Re: Cheapo Ebay St. Patricks Kilt

Post by mikel »

Hello Max
Kilt wearers rock!! I wear my tartan kilts whenever possible and like yourself get good reviews from observers. My wife purchased my first kilt(expensive), a handmade wool 8 yard McKernan tartan. It's the kilt I wear the least since it's too heavy for my favorite activities, hiking and Scottish Country Dancing. My inexpensive kilts are light weight and made from polyvicose. I wash with mild detergent on gentle cycle and hang or lay on towels to dry, fairly indestructible. Pressing synthetic fabrics is NOT advisable! IMHO cotton or cotton blend kilts will not look good once they are washed.

Mike from Northern New Hampshire

PS
Kilts don't work well on a motorcycle :)
Max Caswell

Post by Max Caswell »

mikel wrote: PS
Kilts don't work well on a motorcycle :)
One reason you'll never find me on a motorcycle.

One grand dame took my picture, asked that I posed so my .40 was in plain view. Out here in the wild west, a sidearm is more proper than even a sporran, no lie. Wild animals and outlaws.
Hello all from the highlands of the San Luis Valley, Colorado
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Max Caswell wrote:Also, am bidding on an Irish Bouzouki to play in the Bluegrass band. Grabbing on to all my roots, redneck style.
Bravo!

No matter what "style" one chooses, it's important to "grab it by the horns and ride it to the bell".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!