Sport Kilt sport sporran and kilt hose

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
BonjourLOL

Sport Kilt sport sporran and kilt hose

Post by BonjourLOL »

I've had a Sport Kilt for a while now but I just got my sport sporran (aka fanny pack) and kilt hose the other day. Now I can actually carry stuff. Yay. It's like having pockets. Oh, and the socks make it look so much cooler.
DSCF1785.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sport Kilt sport sporran and kilt hose

Post by Sinned »

The look is fine but I'm not sure about the colour combinations, though. Reddish jacket, green top, green & blue kilt and pink socks. Well that's what looks like on my screen. Hmmm. Not a combination I would wear. Like the kilt though.

I'm working in the opposite direction! I was given one of those narrow hats the other day. Don't know what they call them. It's black with the band being white background, red cross and the centre of the cross being dark blue. I am planning to get a kilt in the near future - I just haven't found one in the right colours and price yet!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Love the kilt, but some work has to go into the colour combination it looks odd
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

The kilt looks right, the socks are okay as long as you are happy with the contrast. If you're comfortable and happy, go with it, we are not talking traditional or formal here.
The cap Sinned's describing sounds like a "Glengarry"?
Steve.
BonjourLOL

Post by BonjourLOL »

Meh, it's not like my first choice for a shirt, but I didn't work yesterday so it doesn't really matter XD

Also, as long as I'm dressed better than the average joe wandering around, I don't care if there's a little "clash".
BonjourLOL

Post by BonjourLOL »

Sinned wrote:The look is fine but I'm not sure about the colour combinations, though. Reddish jacket, green top, green & blue kilt and pink socks. Well that's what looks like on my screen. Hmmm. Not a combination I would wear.
I didn't really think about how much the picture distorted the color! lol I'm wearing this one: http://sportkilt.com/product/1081/Hunti ... -Kilt.html the red is pretty much the exact red on the socks
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

BonjourLOL wrote:Also, as long as I'm dressed better than the average joe wandering around, I don't care if there's a little "clash".
There is much to be said for this approach. I've been known to very deliberately put clashing colours together in an outfit but usually separate them with another layer (e.g. a waistcoat). One of my favourites in that regard is my teal-green shirt, blue velvet skirt, with those two elements set off with a black waistcoat.

Sometimes, too, it's just fun to push the envelope for the simple sake of doing so.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!