Spring has officially sprung

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
JoeBro

Spring has officially sprung

Post by JoeBro »

Well, it finally stopped raining long enough to mow the yard. So, I put a digital camo kilt on, got the tractor out and proceeded to mow, stopping a few times to pick up some branches. I've noticed I do not get tired as quickly doing yardwork in a kilt as opposed to pants that restrict movement. It was only 59 F when I started but it felt great to mow with the kilt on.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Spring has officially sprung

Post by partlyscot »

Grrrr

We have a snowfall warning here.........
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Did my first grass cut 2 weeks ago, second today, alas unskirted.
Freaky weather, here, a whole winter, no snow.
No idea when, or if, this occured before.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

'One man went to mow....' Joe-bro. I delegate! I have a spouse who loves to charge about our quite extensive property on her 'Ferrari', wearing earplugs against the noise, but doing a Grand Job.
With the heavy cherry blossoms now beginning to shed, our drive is today a magic carpet of pink petals....delightful, if short-lived. Bluebells have taken over from the daffs, so under the trees and along our path edges it's all blue-blue. To my wife's delight some real cowslips she planted in the orchard have proliferated and there are lots there this year.
Rs Drive & blossom trees.jpg
Everywhere you look there are blossoms & flowers in perfusion and we've seen a lot of the Sun in the past month & May has come in with a warm rush, so I'm shaking out my knee-length pleats! I'm planning a trip to flaunt them on one of Dublin's new bridges. Your N.H. Barista has requested same.

Tom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Yesterday we had the first snow fall in the Victorian Alpine region, this is very early for us, officially the Ski Season opens on the Queen's Birthday weekend, 10th June.

John
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Here in the sometimes sub-arctic region known as "New England" (in the USA) we're just getting hints of the rebirth that Mother Nature gives each year. I noticed leaf-buds on the trees outside work a week or so ago (work being closer to the coast than where I dwell and therefore a bit warmer), and on a "yard walk" this afternoon noticed some nice flowers up:
hope-amongst-weeds-s.jpg
There's hope in there! The daffodils are up (although one looks rather sad) and there are grape hyacinths in the mix as well. Even better:
1st-tulip-2014.jpg
Sapphire seems to have christened that little patch of tulips the "Carl Friend Memorial Tulip Garden". To that, I complained rather loudly, "But I'm not dead yet!"

It is so wonderful to see the Earth reawaken after the dreadful Winter Sleep, which sometimes seems interminable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

The daffodils have come and gone down here, as have the dogwoods and pears and azaleas. Strawberries are in full production and blueberries will be coming on in a couple weeks. And though the weather is pleasent now, the summer heat is not far away.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

And the "Caliber" makes a nice backdrop for the Daffodils :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

We've got our long Spring Bank-holiday W/end here and we're visiting today and entertaining tomorrow. Everyone wants to show off their spring blossoms &c. & the weather is good.
Two interesting specimens here:
Rs Spring Orchard cowslips 2014.jpg
Rs Spring pink bluebells 2014.jpg
Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !