Commonwealth games 2014 tartan

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Commonwealth games 2014 tartan

Post by Sinned »

MOH's first reaction was that it was a female tartan. The pink is way too much and the blue much too light as a counterbalance for the pink. I wouldn't wear it and I sometimes lean more to the girlie side in colours.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

My first thoughts too were it was "too girly" with the pink and pale blue. However, the pale blue colour is closer to older Saltire flag (similar to cyan or sky blue). The blue colour from the Union flag is a lot darker (a dark Royal blue or light navy blue colour).

Image Image

Officially, a Scottish committee has chosen Pantone 300 as the new Saltire colour (the Union flag uses Pantone 280 which is a darker blue)

Image Image

Pantone 300 Pantone 280
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
JPatrickM

Post by JPatrickM »

I agree the colour combination does look a bit startling "on the roll", but the photo at the head of the article suggests it will be a little less so when actually worn. But being neither Scottish nor an athlete, I couldn't say whether I'd wear it.