Long kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Long kilt

Post by janrok »

As winter approaches I am interested in the long kilt from bagpipers.eu, see link below, to replace my Macabi when it is really cold.
Browsing their website makes it quite obvious this is a manufacturer and a wholesale supplier.
I nevertheless just sent them a mail to ask if it is possible for me as a private person to order one long kilt. If the answer is no I asked if they could name a retailer in Europe. Of course I also asked for the price and shipping costs to the Netherlands.
As soon as I receive an answer I'll let you know.
Jan.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Obviously at cross purposes - isn't language wonderful? I took the trouser skirt to mean a kneeish length skirt with a built-in pair of full length trousers or leggings. Obviously not what you were meaning.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

I received a reply from bagpipers.eu but I am not shure if they fully understood the details of what I asked about ordering one kilt.
I know my English is far from perfect but their English is difficult to grasp. I had to read it twice to get any idea of what they mean to say.
If I place an order they will name a price including shipping to the Netherlands (from Pakistan!), that much is clear.
So I am going to order this long kilt and we'll see what happens. There is nowt wrong with a little adventure. As long as I don't transfer any money nothing can go wrong. :wink:
I'll keep you posted, Jan.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

My communication with bagpipers.eu resulted in sending me an order form stating the unit price of 28 USD.
Simple questions about shipping costs, length of the kilt and pleats in the back remain unanswered.
So I hereby quit this attempt to obtain said attire.
That's all folks, Jan.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

I would have thought that fr 28$, it would be worth following up your search, Jan.
My utility kilt was sent from Pakistan with no extra charge for postage, and I'm sure they know that kilts have pleats at the back -- they supply pipe bands, as their name suggests. On the other hand, if your long kilt is the one I have seen pictured, than perhaps "kilt" is a misnomer anyway.

Martin
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

If only they would answer simple questions but they don't.
You are right, Martin, is does not even look like a kilt but still it could be a warm long skirt to keep my legs comfy in a severe winter. If any....
Jan.
fashion_long_kilt_for_mens_m_298.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Nice looking garment...very hipster!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Don't really like it and the material would mean that it would be too heavy for me ( and too long )! The large pleats at the front and the discontinuities in the pattern don't do it for me. I think that the kilt I have is very heavy and that's only knee-length. Lightweight materials are preferred even in winter when I wear with plenty of underskirt insulation.

And yes I agree that it's not a kilt in any traditional sense - it's just a long skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

For a long winter skirt, just find some thick wooly cloth, hem a suitable rectangle (leg length x 1.5 hip circumference), wrap it round and fasten with a non-slippery belt. That is what I have for winter evenings. Simple.
Martin