5-11 Tactical kilt!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 5-11 Tactical kilt!

Post by kingfish »

Man in a skirt wrote:epic fail on my part...
I wouldn't say that.
It was an effective and unfiltered expression of self and one of defiance.
Getting a look like that together requires that you have grown a pair and are proud of it. Don't you forget it.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kingfish wrote:
Man in a skirt wrote:epic fail on my part...
I wouldn't say that.
It was an effective and unfiltered expression of self and one of defiance.
Getting a look like that together requires that you have grown a pair and are proud of it. Don't you forget it.
+1. It takes cajones to put a picture up where lesser mortals will take verbal potshots at it. Don't sell yourself short.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I was pulled up in a thread trying to genuinely generate some conversation without being confrontational and trying to understand the american fascination with killing machines when some over-sensitive prat went over the top and got very personal. Some may be able to go all gooey-eyed over guns but there are many of us that detest them and such discussion offends. The tread was taken off without any prior agreement or explanation but which I did reluctantly agree with after the event. I will comment no further other than to say that I was reminded that this is NOT a forum for guns so can that part of the thread now desist and if you want to discuss then go to a gun forum. Otherwise I will ask for the offending entries be removed for the same reasons that I was given. Sorry for spoiling the party.

As for the kilt the whole effect is masculine and presents the sort of effect that we are trying to project. I like the pockets and aim to make me a similar utilikilt in the near future.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

[Moderator hat on]
I would like to remind all forum members that if they have an issue that they believe requires moderator intervention they should report it either with the report post button or by PM to the moderators (CRFriend, Uncle Al or me). This will allow everyone to take a considered approach and avoid unwarranted knee-jerk reactions.

I have contacted Sinned off forum about the decisions made and the reasoning behind them.

[Moderator hat off]
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

If it were so masculine, it would not need such accessories -- which are incompatible with the "family-friendliness" that this forum is supposed to embody.

There are some fashions that we need not follow.

Martin

if you got a twisted sense of family friendliness, than that could be the case + speak for yourself. A tactical duty kilt is meant for combat situations + it is about the kilt, not the accessories. Family friendliness doesn't mean necessesarilly kindergarden approval. :lol:
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Ordered one from ebay today from a local stockist. Looking forward to it arriving.
I want to wear skirts without judgment just as women can wear trousers.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I have two of these that I ordered directly from 5.11 when they were available last April, and I'm very satisfied with them. However:
  • They do run a bit large. Normally I wear a size 38 kilt, and that's what I ordered, but a 36 would probably fit me better.

They only have five pleats on each side, and this makes them look a bit less "kilt-ish" than most.
On the plus side:
  • The fabric seems quite durable.

The stitching seems very well done.

Having both slash and cargo pockets on each side is great.
BTW, the price I paid directly to 5.11 is about half the eBay price, but I guess that's can't be helped.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
NH Dan

Post by NH Dan »

Just received my 5-11 kilt, and contrary to previous advice went with size that I purchase jeans in (38) and the fit is fabulous. Plan on ordering another, just what I was looking for to work around house.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

NH Dan wrote:Just received my 5-11 kilt, and contrary to previous advice went with size that I purchase jeans in (38) and the fit is fabulous. Plan on ordering another, just what I was looking for to work around house.
Right, most kiltmakers advise you to ignore your pants size and measure your waist around the belly button. But 5.11 sizing is geared to your pants size and they tell you to ignore the actual meaurement.

I went with the measurement because it was larger, and even if the kilt came in too big, I could always have the waist taken in. If, on the other hand, it had come in too small, there was no assurance of having enough fabric to let it out.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
danielobvt

Post by danielobvt »

5-11 released these again on their website. I think they just order a set number of them and when they are out, they are out. I just ordered on in the hip new color, Storm.
NH Dan

Post by NH Dan »

Just ordered 2 more of their kilts. Got one last year and had it on almost all the time, real comfortable and like they say, once their gone----their gone.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

danielobvt wrote:5-11 released these again on their website. I think they just order a set number of them and when they are out, they are out. I just ordered on in the hip new color, Storm.
Thanks for the heads up! I may buy one of those.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

It's marked as "ineligible for international shipment". So I guess I'll not be buying one... (Not really sure if I would anyway but it would have been nice to have the option.)

Have fun,

Ian
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Milfmog wrote:It's marked as "ineligible for international shipment". So I guess I'll not be buying one... (Not really sure if I would anyway but it would have been nice to have the option.)

Have fun,

Ian
I'd be happy to be a go between for you should you change your mind.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

LGG wrote:
Milfmog wrote:It's marked as "ineligible for international shipment". So I guess I'll not be buying one... (Not really sure if I would anyway but it would have been nice to have the option.)
I'd be happy to be a go between for you should you change your mind.
Thank you, Gordon,

That's very kind. I guess I need to speak to my boss; she's started complaining about how much wardrobe space I need these days :D

Have fun,

Ian.