5-11 Tactical kilt!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 5-11 Tactical kilt!

Post by kingfish »

Good coordinated look. Especially the "Remove Before Flight" keyfob. :P

I have to say I'm more of a fan (and proud owner of a few) products from companies like Heckler & Koch, Colt, and Smith & Wesson, but I do feel a sense of respect regarding the product of Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov's genius.

And just to get you going, over on one of my other favorite forums where I do my posting regarding that kind of hardware, I share with you a shovel to AK photo tsunami.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Kingfish! That was the best bit of taurus excrementum ing I've seen in a long time and I Can't stop smiling at it even now. :D
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

Great Googly Kingfish!!
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

Well, I like the picture and the idea of a kilt wearing, gun toting man. Seems like that's as far as I ought to go here though. I look forward to more fine pictures.

Great post you unearthed (or perhaps had favourited) there Kingfish. To tools and the folk who know how to use them.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Kirbstone wrote:Just poking fun at Ian Milfmog here....He doesn't like guns or SUVs (neither do I) and I know another pet dislike of his which might be relevant to tomorrow....Fancy a picture of a kilted Irishman next to a bottle of Irish Whiskey on St. Patrick's Day ?

T.
Not a problem to me; if you foreigners want to poison yourselves, be my guest, see if I care...

...and as for you, Mr Anderson, I'll thank you for not referring to those heathens just west of the big island as my countrymen.

[/tongue in cheek mode]

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Man in a skirt wrote:Milfmog- that flag is the Gonzales Flag from the Texas Revolution in 1835-1836. To avoid politics, and a Texas History lesson google it, or the "Come and Take It" flag...
Thanks, I did not want to offend anyone but my first thought, when I saw your photograph (and bare in mind that I am not well versed in Texan history) was that you were waving an outsized image of a condom. Looking at the flag as shown in the picture at the top of the thread and considering the "macho accoutrements", the whole image looked like a pictorial personal ad from Gay Times... Sorry :(

For the benefit of others who are unfamiliar with the flag, below is an image of the whole thing, showing what it really is.

Have fun,

Ian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Milfmog wrote: ...and as for you, Mr Anderson, I'll thank you for not referring to those heathens just west of the big island as my countrymen.

[/tongue in cheek mode]

Have fun,

Ian.
For this heathen the feeling is mutual :bom:
(having fun - as Ian has recommended)
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Milfmog wrote:
Man in a skirt wrote:Milfmog- that flag is the Gonzales Flag from the Texas Revolution in 1835-1836. To avoid politics, and a Texas History lesson google it, or the "Come and Take It" flag...
Thanks, I did not want to offend anyone but my first thought, when I saw your photograph (and bare in mind that I am not well versed in Texan history) was that you were waving an outsized image of a condom. Looking at the flag as shown in the picture at the top of the thread and considering the "macho accoutrements", the whole image looked like a pictorial personal ad from Gay Times... Sorry :(

For the benefit of others who are unfamiliar with the flag, below is an image of the whole thing, showing what it really is.

Have fun,

Ian.
I thought 'condom' too when I saw it :lol:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Me too.

My objection to the OP was not to the photo or the gun in it. However the "gun control" comment was completely unnecessary.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Speaking as 'foreigner' aboard that tipsy little Green Isle to the West of the UK who is at risk of 'Poisoning by Irish Whiskey', all I can say is 'What a way to go!...........

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

Milfmog wrote:

Have fun,

Ian.

*facepalm*

The flag had been flapping in the breeze all day, I'd never thought of the "prophylactic" view until it was mentioned...
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Man in a skirt wrote: *facepalm*

The flag had been flapping in the breeze all day, I'd never thought of the "prophylactic" view until it was mentioned...
Yeah, that happens.

With the more international audience here, they're probably closer to getting a "Molon Labe" reference over the Gonzales or even a Gadsden flag.

And as for Milfmog's "Gay Times" advert comment, it kind of surprised me, and touched my "male skirt wearing isn't a gay thing" nerve.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kingfish wrote:And as for Milfmog's "Gay Times" advert comment, it kind of surprised me, and touched my "male skirt wearing isn't a gay thing" nerve.
It only tripped the association for me because of the strikingly "over macho" image, so beloved of gay interest magazine editors for their front covers, and a bloody great condom with the words "come and get..." (me???). To be honest I would probably not even have noticed the kilt initially if the text had not pointed it out.

Have fun,

Ian. (Skirt wearer and not gay)
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

epic fail on my part...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Man in a skirt wrote:epic fail on my part...
The flip side on that is, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Take it all in stride and don't let it bother you!

I've committed my share of gaffes in the past...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!