Has anyonoe tried this kilt?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Has anyonoe tried this kilt?

Post by skirtyscot »

AJ Khaki Deluxe Utility / Modern Kilt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJ-Khaki-Delu ... 3cc90e6e8e

If so, your thoughts on it?

If not, any thoughts on its description, material, etc?

I am choosing my own birthday present in the hope that Mrs SS is a bit more accepting of it and will deign to be seen in public with me wearing it.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Has anyonoe tried this kilt?

Post by skirtingtoday »

Skirtyscot,

I think it is a great idea as well. In fact, I have only just bought one yesterday - awaiting delivery. This too is with the hope that the wife accepts it as it is sold as a MAN's garment and is not from the ladies side of the aisle.

I'll let you know how I get on with her.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

There are some similar ones on ebay.
the only thing that 'concerns' me is that for an item from the UK, the language used in the advert is very pidgin English; it's obviously not the first language.
Not a problem per se when you know the items is coming from China or Pakistan and the shop has high ratings, but it makes me slightly wary when the get the name of items on the kilt wrong (Faster / Fastener, for example).
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

skirtingtoday wrote: I'll let you know how I get on with her.
It was a flat NO :( :blue: :( - and she doesn't even want to discuss it at all and mopes around the house ignoring me.

It least it wasn't a :eye:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

skirtingtoday wrote:
skirtingtoday wrote: I'll let you know how I get on with her.
It was a flat NO :( :blue: :( - and she doesn't even want to discuss it at all and mopes around the house ignoring me.
Did she provide any kind of reason? Or was it No, full stop?

Have fun,

Ian.

Edit: OK; I have just read your other post on this. That looks like a very irrational No and one that you will not be bable to overcome with any kind of rational debate. I really do not have any suggestions as to how you might get past that response.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I was very temped by one of them, bit I saw a photo of one on the internet and it creases very easily when seated and looked like a piece of rag so I didn't bother
kiltbuyer

Post by kiltbuyer »

Hi
I was just looking to buy some new kilt and found, if there is some one who have tried anything from Scottishkiltshop please let me know, the price seem very reasonable.

thanks
Last edited by crfriend on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Defanged spam link
allen476

Post by allen476 »

The Scottish Kilt Shop is nothing more than Woodtex kilts. I have three from them and 2 are poor quality due to the fact that they use the wrong needles to sew them. After 2 washings, they started to fray near the stitching. That is a good indication that they used a sharp needle rather than a ballpoint or universal needle. The other kilt is OK quality. My next kilt will be from kiltthis. I would highly recommend that you save up for a kilt from a better place. The SKS also has poor customer service and it can take anywhere from 1-2 months to get your kilt and they don't answer emails either.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Follow up to my OP above. Not sure why I didn't tell the sorry tale a while ago, to warn anyone else off.

I ordered the kilt and it arrived after about 3 weeks. It didn't fit: it was fine round the waist but too tight round the hips. So I contacted the seller and sent it back. They took ages to acknowledge that it had arrived, and then the replacement never reached me. I contacted them a few times through Ebay and they kept stringing me along. By the time I contacted Ebay to complain, I was too late to get them to do anything about it. You only get 45 days, and of course that started from the original order date. Half the time had gone by the time I tried the first kilt on.

£50 down the drain. The lesson is to watch that time limit and complain to Ebay in good time, even if you expect it to all end happily.

The seller is no longer on Ebay, though the cynic in me says they have probably started up again under a different name.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Scottishkiltshop

Post by Scottishkiltshop »

allen476 wrote:The Scottish Kilt Shop is nothing more than Woodtex kilts. I have three from them and 2 are poor quality due to the fact that they use the wrong needles to sew them. After 2 washings, they started to fray near the stitching. That is a good indication that they used a sharp needle rather than a ballpoint or universal needle. The other kilt is OK quality. My next kilt will be from kiltthis. I would highly recommend that you save up for a kilt from a better place. The SKS also has poor customer service and it can take anywhere from 1-2 months to get your kilt and they don't answer emails either.

Hello
Dear Sir
I am Ian from Scottish kilt shop, Can you please let me know your order no and date when you buy these three kilts as i am not able to trace any order of yours, As we offer 100 % satisfaction guaranty, you may return your items and we will refund your money. please let may know your order details so i can forward you the return address accordingly of our UK or US Office.
and please also check where you were sending emails as we have not any of yours, we also offer chat support on our website so you may contact there for any inquires or issues.
I will be looking forward for your reply
kiltbuyer

Post by kiltbuyer »

Hello
Received [a] kilt in black from from Scottish kilt Shop yesterday, it fits well and they just customized according to my requirement, i am quite happy with it.
I face some problem while ordering while payments but they guided me on chat support and so i was able to little customize it.
thanks
Last edited by crfriend on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Defanged spam link
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I have one of these and it's been durable and comfortable. I think the shipping got delayed a couple of times but in the end I did get my kilt.

Some people criticize the quality of kilts in this price range compared to those selling for four times the price. That may or not be true, look how many more of these you can buy.

I've bought one $250 kilt (discounted to $210) and it arrived with such nonsensical features that I had to send it back for redoing. One problem was that front right pleat wouldn't lay flat, and they patched that by sewing it up. Another was that I ordered both slash pockets and buckles, and they put the buckles right across the pockets so you couldn't put your hand in. I expected much more for the price.

Another problem with expensive kilts is that they're custom made, and so you can't see one before you buy, and after it arrives you can't return it.

So, these low-cost kilts do have their advantages.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

skirtyscot wrote:AJ Khaki Deluxe Utility / Modern Kilt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJ-Khaki-Delu ... 3cc90e6e8e
The original sale image is, apparently, stolen from Utilikilts. Subsidiary images are their own product.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.