Men in kilts are HOT!!!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Jean-Luc

Re: Men in kilts are HOT!!!

Post by Jean-Luc »

Jean-Luc

Post by Jean-Luc »

FISHINGRODIE

Post by FISHINGRODIE »

The more men that i wear the kilt the more popular it will it will become.
The more i wear my kilt to scottish functions in the south west of England, the more scottish expatriots wear the kilt.

I wore the kilt with a day jacket and straight tie to a burns night . My friend claimed that all the kilted ex patriots from scotland , formally dressed in their kilts ,with black jackets and bow ties ,were incorrectly dressed .
He should know, he came from the highlands.

Last year i wore the kilt to a scottish gathering. My other friend who came from scotland in the sixties ,did not wear the kilt, as he only wears the kilt for scottish country dancing.

The female singer who sang at burns night brought her son to the gathering in his kilt.

First time i have seen a bonny wee laddie in the kilt for years.

Just been on a kilted holiday in cornwall. The ladies came up to me and said you look smart.

I said i must look smart , i am on holiday. Their response was your are not from scotland.

i replied that it was a long story going back to local Dorset history in the eighteenth century.

When is an ex pat an ex pat ?

If you dig around on the internet it is pretty complicated.

I bought my kilt new ,in Scotland , thirty years ago.

Still the smartly dressed kiltie gets plenty of female attention.

The kilt is a practical garment to wear.

rodie.

Moderator note: Case changed using MS Word “Change case” to convert from all capitals.
Andy

Post by Andy »

oh, I do not envy the kilt wearers facing the bulls, :shock: :shock:
Egotism is an alphabet of one letter
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Must start by saying that the sooner we get away from a "correct" way to wear a kilt the better.
Down the years it has become no more than a fashion statement with all that impliies.
Albanach, Sassenach, or whatever, nobody has the inherent right to pronounce on rights or wrongs.
Wear the kilt, with pride, accept the attention it will bring, above all enjoy!
Steve.
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

STEVIE wrote:Must start by saying that the sooner we get away from a "correct" way to wear a kilt the better.
Down the years it has become no more than a fashion statement with all that impliies.
Albanach, Sassenach, or whatever, nobody has the inherent right to pronounce on rights or wrongs.
Steve.
I could not agree more!
In order for it to be accepted as practical everyday dress we must stop treating it as though it has to be worn a formal way with the correct shirt, socks, sporan etc.. and only worn on special occasions.
That's why I wear mine with sandles in summer, a rugby top in winter and definitely no sporan accept on very formal occasions. Otherwise it is a man bag for me. And I can honestly say as a full time wearer for the last 5 years it has been very well accepted that way :)

Cheers Rob
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

STEVIE wrote:Must start by saying that the sooner we get away from a "correct" way to wear a kilt the better.
Steve.
Yes, and I am nobody and proclaim criss-cross style worn kilts look foolish and therefore it is wrong to wair it that way. :twisted: The traditional kilt is followed by the absurd notion that only scotsman are allowed - by whom? - to wear it in style and to special occasions only, so that it degenerates in this case to an item worn by more or less snobbish traditionalists. :roll: The tartan kilt is far from being mainstream, folks. :roll:
brucewmbazo

Post by brucewmbazo »

I was pleasantly surprised when I wore a kilt for the first time to an evening fellowship meeting (or Fireside, as we Mormons call them). A lot of the sisters absolutely loved it! Also, it is not uncommon for returned missionaries who have gone to Scotland on a mission to bring one home as a souvenir. And they do wear them, even occasionally to church. Generally, kilts are accepted among our people, because of the early converts who came from Scotland, notably one couple named McKay whose son grew up to be President of the Church!
Damian

Post by Damian »

I also wear kilts occasionally and I think it is very masculine!