Anyone else catch this one?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Oops! Apologies all round! Right Kilts with turbans - are there any rules as to the colour of the turban? Apparently, in a formal setting, there are! The turban should be in a plain colour matching one of the primary colours in the Kilt, should it not? Unfortunately, he doesn't say, more interested in promoting the 'downtrodden Scotsman' myth! Never mind, at least he's obviously thinking 'outside the box', Kilt-wise. I doff my hypothetical hat to him (can you doff a turban?), especially if he's keen to get (even) more Kilts onto the streets of London! Mind you, I'll bet there's more Kilts to be seen there (London) on any given day, than in Glasgow, ('cept when there's a footba' match on!) though. :shock:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Doffing turbans

Post by Since1982 »

Merlin wrote: can you doff a turban
you need a turban doffer, ( a solidified material handle sewn to the top of the turban. It lays down when not being doffed, but is ready for doffing duties when needed. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Since1982 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jock
Distinguished Member

Post by Jock »

Our redoubtable author, Mr Singh states "a unique sense of Scottishness and a reminder that we were historically once an oppressed people who never buckled under the yoke of subjugation but rose up and fought against it:"
So Mr Singh seems to regard himself as a Scot. (presumably because he was born or now lives in Scotland. Opens the door to many opportunities ?

Come to think of it - if you see the film Braveheart, I'm sure there's a guy 4 to the left of Mel Gibson with a tartan turban. Aye its Singh of McSingh :D

Anyway - power to you Mr Singh. If you can get the English into kilts you'll have done a great service to skirtedkind.

Slainte
Jock MacHinery
===========
"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jock wrote:Anyway - power to you Mr Singh. If you can get the English into kilts you'll have done a great service to skirtedkind.
To be frank, just getting a few more Scots into kilts would be good... I've never seen anyone in Scotland wearing a kilt except as part of a costume for a special occasion or a uniform for a sporting event.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce