8 out of 10 cats

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

8 out of 10 cats

Post by Charlie »

'8 out of 10 cats' is a sort of comedy panel game programme that goes out on a Friday night between bouts of Big Brother. Last Friday, I caught a part of it which went something like:

A: "If a woman comes home and finds her man wearing her clothes, he's wierd. If he comes home and finds her wearing his clothes, that's OK."
B: "What we want is clothing freedom."

Those aren't the exact words because I didn't start paying attention until the exchange was almost over - my wife gave me the jist of it.

It's interesting that a couple of 'celebrities' (loathsome creatures) said it. Then again, they were comedians and could have just been playing for laughs.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Departed Member

Re: 8 out of 10 cats

Post by Departed Member »

Charlie wrote:'8 out of 10 cats' is a sort of comedy panel game programme that goes out on a Friday night between bouts of Big Brother. Last Friday, I caught a part of it which went something like:

A: "If a woman comes home and finds her man wearing her clothes, he's wierd. If he comes home and finds her wearing his clothes, that's OK."
B: "What we want is clothing freedom."

Charlie
If it helps overturn prejudice, then every little quip is just as valuable!

I do hope you weren't watching the 'other' programme (before & aft!) - I thought viewing that tripe was restricted to TV pundits (& 'journalists from The Sun) only! :shock: '8 out of 10 cats' - pretty upmarket viewing, though! :)
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

merlin wrote:I do hope you weren't watching the 'other' programme (before & aft!) - I thought viewing that tripe was restricted to TV pundits (& 'journalists from The Sun) only! :shock:
I'll hide behind the 'my wife was watching it' excuse. As you say, BB is pretty dire these days - we used to watch the edited 'highlights' in years past (real time is far too boring), but not this time. It gets put on just before the next victim for eviction is announced, thereby saving watching an hour of drivel :)

Just wish that at least one of the male housemates had the guts to wear a skirt.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Charlie wrote: Just wish that at least one of the male housemates had the guts to wear a skirt. Charlie
As long as they don't 'camp it up'! Or worse, do a "Galloway"! (No, I didn't watch it - there was a clip on "Have I Got News for You!"). :wink: