Pete Doherty

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
kiltair

Pete Doherty

Post by kiltair »

Hi,

I fear it doesn't advance the Good Cause very much, but anyhow, Pete Doherty has been seen in a 'dress':

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007281029,00.html

Jan
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

GOOD GRIEF! Didn't that garment use to called a "Smock-top" or "Tunic"? Certainly ain't a dress! As you say, it doesn't help....... :(
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

He's also been seen with make up on

http://www.handbag.com/galleries/galler ... menmakeup/
crfriend
Master Barista

"Heroin chic" still in?

Post by crfriend »

merlin wrote:GOOD GRIEF! Didn't that garment use to called a "Smock-top" or "Tunic"? Certainly ain't a dress! As you say, it doesn't help....... :(
It's nice to see that heroin chic is still "in" in the UK. I thought it must've gone "out" by now. (We need the old "smiley" for "stirring the pot" back.)

The top in question is merely an asymmetrically-hemmed blouse and isn't particularly bad. It's the overall appearance of the person wearing it that's disturbing -- and these folks are supposed to be role models?

Just because something doesn't look like what we (any of us) might wear doesn't necessarily give us reason to slag off on it. The photo from the Sun was jarring (as is the one that Ziggy points to) but it wasn't, at least to me, because of the outfit that the guy was wearing; I found it jarring because of the overall look of ill health -- I've seen better-looking cadavers -- and Moss isn't any better!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I've seen better-looking cadavers -- and Moss isn't any better!
LOL ! :lol:

I've seen skellingtons that are fatter than her!
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .