Glasgow Fashion Show

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Glasgow Fashion Show

Post by cessna152towser »

A few glimpses of some nice single colour kilts included in this clip of the 2007 Glasgow Fashion Show
http://www.scotlandontv.tv/?channel=Cul ... 380_SMG472
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I like the 'modern-kilt' ideas - very 21C! But the "Bill & Ben - the flowerpot man" outfit, just afterwards? - Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Can you post any still photos? - for those of us who haven't got broadband. Thanks.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

The link was to a television programme, so no stills unfortunately. Among the usual trousers and shorts there were at least two glimpses of a young guy in a grey knee length kilt, and one also appeared in a black, above knee kilt with a pink vertical stripe at the fringe. The black and pink mini kilt would look a bit silly on a portly older guy like me but I'd happily wear the grey kilt which they showed.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Sounds good. I'll keep the link as I can take a look next time I am in a web cafe.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

I can't seem to view it. The page loads but where the video usually goes, it's a blank space. :( I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Any help is appreciated!

--Rick
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Kilted Musician wrote:I can't seem to view it. The page loads but where the video usually goes, it's a blank space. :(
Same problem here.
Kilted Musician wrote:I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my browser.
As was I, but when I switched to IE7 it worked fine. I guess even Firefox is not perfect....

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I guess even Firefox is not perfect....
How dare you say that! Go and wash your mouth out! At once!

:D
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Christopher,

I must say I was expecting a more rabid response from someone :) .

Perhaps I should just see this as further evidence of what wonderfully well adjusted and thoroughly pleasant people all we skirted males are :) :cheer: :) :cheer: :)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

LOL

I've never been called "well adjusted" before. I'm flattered. :D
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

I watched it on Firefox just fine. Got the latest version? Nice looking man-skirts. Not sure about the ribbon bow on the first skirted guy's waistline...and if the guys wear skirts topless, why can't the women?:ninjajig:

binx
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

I get a big blue square with the word TV flashing on and off, and a blue bar which says 100%.

Explorer gamely tempts me, but steadfastly refuses to show any kind of fashion show. Unless blue squares are your thing..
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.3 and accept all updates as they are offered but it steadfastly refuses to show the video.

IE6.0.2900.2180...... on the other hand just fires up and plays the video perfectly.

I think this is only the second occasion that I've found something that works in IE but not in FF.

Ian.
sgelerab

Possible Solution

Post by sgelerab »

For those of you who tried to view the video using Firefox, I finally figured it out. Below the view screen is a series of buttons. If you click on the 'settings' button, you'll see a list of media players and connection settings from which to choose. After I chose Windows Media Player and a 300 connection setting, I was finally able to view the video. BTW, there's also a video of an interview of the owner of 21st Century Kilts.
Happy viewing,
George
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks George,

That fixed it!

Have fun,

Ian.